Postby JOHN1 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:04 pm

Vessel:IMELDA

Crew:one

Duration:6.5hours

Tide:flood ebb

Weather:glorious

Bait:rag squid mack lug

Rigs:various

Results: 10 species. corkwing, ballan, goldsinny, whiting, dab,lsd,codling,pollack,Tope, Spurdog.

another quick report lads, i have been having some great fishing over the last number of weeks but have been very lazy when it comes to putting any kind of report up with things getting very quiet on the forum i have decided to try make more of an effort.
the last couple of nights i was looking for some of my pictures for the bragging rights and to my horror i couldnt find some of them the first two that was on the missing list was corkwing and tope even though i have landed loads of them this year. so i hatched a plan to do a single handed launch today to target both of them first up on my list was corkwing but before thai i went looking for fresh macks for target number two but not one to be found after a good half hour i gave up, stopped off for the wrasse and first drop a nice little ballan at least they were awake second rod dropped in up comes a corkwing
corkwing1.JPG
corkwing1.JPG (23.1 KiB) Viewed 675 times

pictures with card taken good results for good measure i had a goldsinny so another half hour was declared just incase a cuckoo wanted to show up, no such luck but i did have one in the same place two weeks ago :8):
happy with the few fish i had i headed for the horizon in flat calm conditions things were slow enough with a hand full of dabs and whiting for the first couple of hours tide turned then the dogs came on in force, then i had the smallest spurdog that i have ever caught but it sure was a very welcome sight
me and spur.JPG
me and spur.JPG (26.18 KiB) Viewed 675 times

i stuck it out for another while hoping for another, i had just dropped fresh bait over when rod number one took off like a train stripping about 50yds off in seconds struck into fish as quick as i could, fish on and it wasnt very happy while playing the fish i managed to reel number two rod in while it was in the rest to get it out of the way and clear the deck, fought the fish for about 15 minutes up to the swivel and without seeing it went back down again at this stage i knew it was a good fish after another while get swicel and leader back into sight see the fish under the boat fook i said to myself how am i going to deal with this one on my own, got him to the side and managed to fin him over the side he was the biggest male tope i have ever seen he was 168 cm long and had a girth of 64cm
me and big tope.JPG
me and big tope.JPG (25.1 KiB) Viewed 675 times

using the formula he comes in at 50lb on the nose and he felt every ounce of it, another specimen and a personal best Tope what more could you want, very happy with the way this day went ::grin::
Species Target (1) Anything will be a Bonus.

BALLYBRACK SAC.
EFSA.
SouthShore SAC.

For this message the author JOHN1 has received thanks: 10
chuckaroo (Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:16 pm), declan65 (Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:47 pm), eyesreilly (Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:28 am), JimC (Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:02 pm), keem (Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:36 pm), Moody Marlin (Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:18 pm), paul skelly (Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:44 am), Rob Millard (Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:36 pm), samo (Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:50 pm), Sweetwrasse (Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:40 am)
JOHN1
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 598 times

Re: Dublin Boat Marks (IMELDA) Specimen Tope 10/10/14

Postby eyesreilly » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:36 am

Great report John,,,fair play for putting it up :wink: . Congrats on the new PB,,,delighted for you,,,,things have been rather quiet on the forum alright,,,must make more of an effort to put up reports :oops: Posting a few photos on Facebook can make you lazy that way :oops: . I remember how much I learned from the reports and from meeting members like yourself and Harry face to face,,,,well done again :wink:
Species '20 (14) 5 Beard Rockling, Shore Rockling, Codling, Whiting, Pollock, Coalfish, Pouting, Corkwing Wrasse ,Ballan Wrasse, Poor Cod, Dab ,Smoothhound,Flounder, Thornback Ray

For the rich, there is therapy. For the rest of us, there is FISHING! --

For this message the author eyesreilly has received thanks:
JOHN1 (Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:21 pm)
eyesreilly
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 463 times
Blog: View Blog (7)

Postby yappo » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:00 am

Jaysus John that's unbelievable fishing for this time of year. :shock: well done on the PB. My mate Paul was out there yesterday and struggled for the macks as well, they only managed one between the two of them, I guess that's them gone for another year.

Yappo
Sunny SouthWest

For this message the author yappo has received thanks:
yappo
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 70 times

Postby ste c » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:32 pm

well done john cracking tope

For this message the author ste c has received thanks:
ste c
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 323 times

Postby johnwest » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:10 pm

Congratulations on a fine tope, nice little spurdog too.
2013 species; 31

2014 species; 27

2015 species; 28

2016 species; 32

2017 species;28

2018 species; 33

2019 species; ballan wrasse,blonde ray, coalfish, cod, cuckoo wrasse, dab, dogfish, flounder, goldsinny wrasse, ling, mackerel, plaice, pollack, poorcod, pouting, scad, sea scorpion, spotty ray, spurdog, thornback, tub gurnard, turbot, whiting.

For this message the author johnwest has received thanks:
JOHN1 (Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:22 pm)
johnwest
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 1299 times

Postby JOHN1 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:07 pm

eyesreilly wrote:Great report John,,,fair play for putting it up :wink: . Congrats on the new PB,,,delighted for you,,,,things have been rather quiet on the forum alright,,,must make more of an effort to put up reports :oops: Posting a few photos on Facebook can make you lazy that way :oops: . I remember how much I learned from the reports and from meeting members like yourself and Harry face to face,,,,well done again :wink:
cheers dave i said a good while back i wasnt going to bother posting reports here when they didnt make any kind of effort to put a boat report prize up as they did in the shore reports, i said i would only report notable catches and this was one of them ones :wink:
yappo wrote:Jaysus John that's unbelievable fishing for this time of year. :shock: well done on the PB. My mate Paul was out there yesterday and struggled for the macks as well, they only managed one between the two of them, I guess that's them gone for another year.

Yappo
Thanks pat i seen your mate heading in when he was going past the island, that boat is not the same without you, i dont think they catch anything :wink: :lol: :lol:
ste c wrote:well done john cracking tope
thanks for the reply ste :wink:
johnwest wrote:Congratulations on a fine tope, nice little spurdog too.
thank you john, the spurdogs are always a very welcome sight on the Dublin coast :D :wink:
Species Target (1) Anything will be a Bonus.

BALLYBRACK SAC.
EFSA.
SouthShore SAC.
JOHN1
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 598 times

Postby chuckaroo » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:23 pm

fair play John
lovely tope. nice fishing 8)
Charlie

2024 targets: