Weather:
Brill.
Bait:
Mac
Rigs:
Shamrock.
Results:

Report:
So off we went on a shark session. With some general fishing also. We had the rubby ready from the night before and with 4 bags we taught we were in for a super session. With the wind and tide working in our favour we got to work and rigs out .we then started on normal fishing. The slick from the rubby was massive. And we all watched the rods incase jaws was around. The Reel screamed and we all held our breath. A feckin gannet . But it got out of the line it's self so not to bad. They are very grumpy if you have to untie them :oops: . The bottom fishing was great . With 4/5/6/7lb pollack comming in in 3 at a time. And the cod was to follow. If you could get through the pollack the cod were hungry too. 3/4 lb ers was the norm but I hit the mother of all cod. With the rig and reel under pressure I got it to the top and it was only lip hook . On the deck it weighted in at 10lb . My PB cod. :mrgreen: . With the shark not showing up in was a lot of work gone to wast but the other fishing made up for it. I'll try and up load pics but the quality of them is poor.

Re: A day in the bay on . Mayo.

Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:24 pm

:D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:27 pm

:)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:06 am

Nice cod man fair play ;)

Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:26 pm

Well done mate nice cod

Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:17 pm

Dam fine cod !

Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:32 pm

Fine cod, pity the shark didnt crash the party.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:15 am

Cracking fish Dan, good stuff - well done to all, must wet a line soon, pity Jaws didn't come out to play!
M

Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:52 am

Nice cod and a good report to go with it.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:26 am

A happy outing despite the shy sharks. Codling round here are still midgets so far, hopefully some of those nice ones will stray round the corner soon.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:50 am

lovely big cod. can't win 'em all with the sharks..

Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:11 pm

paul skelly wrote:Nice cod man fair play ;)

Thanks Paul .
ste c wrote:Well done mate nice cod

Cheers ste.
anthony byrne wrote:Dam fine cod !

It sure was Anthony. And it tasted even better :D .
SeanA101080 wrote:Fine cod, pity the shark didnt crash the party.

Ya shame they didn't show up but the drift fishing made up for it.
Mick001 wrote:Cracking fish Dan, good stuff - well done to all, must wet a line soon, pity Jaws didn't come out to play!
M

Ya it's been a while mick .
the weasel wrote:Nice cod and a good report to go with it.

Thanks man it's one I won't forget.
hugo wrote:A happy outing despite the shy sharks. Codling round here are still midgets so far, hopefully some of those nice ones will stray round the corner soon.

Cheers Hugo, ya tell us they are small at yous but we know your getting the big ones too :wink: .
chuckaroo wrote:lovely big cod. can't win 'em all with the sharks..

Can't win them all but I'll keep trying. Thanks for the replys lads.

Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:43 pm

lovely Cod sir. Bet they were tasty :)

Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:03 pm

bigtuna wrote:lovely Cod sir. Bet they were tasty :)

It sure was , worth the fight for it. :D .

Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:16 pm

Nice one Dan. that's a cracker of a cod

Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:35 am

Determined Dan wrote:

My PB round here was a 9lber late last season. Put it in the freezer with a couple of 8lbers from the same trip, went on holiday in the autumn, came back to find the freezer dead and my lovely cod a stinking mush. A big spider had died across the mains terminals and caused the MCB to trip. So I never got to taste them.....

Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:12 pm

hugo wrote:
Determined Dan wrote:

My PB round here was a 9lber late last season. Put it in the freezer with a couple of 8lbers from the same trip, went on holiday in the autumn, came back to find the freezer dead and my lovely cod a stinking mush. A big spider had died across the mains terminals and caused the MCB to trip. So I never got to taste them.....

I know I shouldn't laugh but that sounds funny. Hugo. Not nice to find and a shame , but the poor spider. :lol: .