Fair Game, Cork Harbour 13/06/2014

Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:05 am

People: Me

Duration: 7.30am - 4.30pm

Tide:

Weather: Few heavy showers but sunny for the most part

Bait: Squid, Rag

Rigs: 10/0 Ledgers, size 1 Flappers

Results: Mackerel, Pollack, Coalfish, Codling, Poor Cod, Grey Gurnard, Conger Eel, Whiting

I headed off out early on my own. Flat calm seas so i was on the mark in no time at all. I Drifted a few times but was only picking up a few small coalies on lures so i Anchored to try for something a bit bigger. I kept a few coalis for bait as i couldn't get mackerel so these were cut into flappers and dropped to the bottom on a 10/0 running ledger. I was fishing another rod with rag tipped with squid and was picking up pollack every drop but they were small fish with none over 2lb. The ratchet let off a few clicks so that got my attention and i was soon into the first conger of the year. It was a fairly spirited fight from a strap conger of about 8 lbs at a guess. Good craic on the 12lb class rod though. I moved from that spot to try and find better fishing but was only getting into mixed fishing with mostly smaller fish. I had codling to 2lb, grey gurnard, poor cod, whiting and that kind of thing but nothing worth noting. As i headed back to shore, i stopped for a few drops to see was there a few macks about and got a few of those brutes that are hanging around the harbour recently. I was out again sunday and had pollack to 6lbs and out yesterday for a bait run as we are going for a proper session tomorrow. Plenty of macks and launce around last night at dusk off camden.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Fair Game, Cork Harbour 13/06/2014

Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:12 pm

great to see everything picking up.........