Fair Game, Cork Harbour 13/06/2014

Postby evan699 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:05 am

People: Me

Duration: 7.30am - 4.30pm

Tide:

Weather: Few heavy showers but sunny for the most part

Bait: Squid, Rag

Rigs: 10/0 Ledgers, size 1 Flappers

Results: Mackerel, Pollack, Coalfish, Codling, Poor Cod, Grey Gurnard, Conger Eel, Whiting

I headed off out early on my own. Flat calm seas so i was on the mark in no time at all. I Drifted a few times but was only picking up a few small coalies on lures so i Anchored to try for something a bit bigger. I kept a few coalis for bait as i couldn't get mackerel so these were cut into flappers and dropped to the bottom on a 10/0 running ledger. I was fishing another rod with rag tipped with squid and was picking up pollack every drop but they were small fish with none over 2lb. The ratchet let off a few clicks so that got my attention and i was soon into the first conger of the year. It was a fairly spirited fight from a strap conger of about 8 lbs at a guess. Good craic on the 12lb class rod though. I moved from that spot to try and find better fishing but was only getting into mixed fishing with mostly smaller fish. I had codling to 2lb, grey gurnard, poor cod, whiting and that kind of thing but nothing worth noting. As i headed back to shore, i stopped for a few drops to see was there a few macks about and got a few of those brutes that are hanging around the harbour recently. I was out again sunday and had pollack to 6lbs and out yesterday for a bait run as we are going for a proper session tomorrow. Plenty of macks and launce around last night at dusk off camden.
Attachments
DSC00219new.jpg
DSC00209new.jpg
DSC00207new.jpg
DSC00206new.jpg
DSC00204new.jpg
Species 2014: whiting, coalie, pouting, codling, pollack, ballan wrasse, dab, poor cod, mackerel, grey gurnard, conger, ling, cuckoo wrasse, launce, common skate, bass, scad, garfish, blue shark

Species 2015: Ballan wrasse, poor cod, pollack, ling, flounder, turbot, mackerel, whiting, lsd, dab, grey gurnard, pouting, cuckoo wrasse, cod

For this message the author evan699 has received thanks:
Rob Millard (Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:17 pm)
evan699
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 28 times

Re: Fair Game, Cork Harbour 13/06/2014

Postby dezzer » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:12 pm

great to see everything picking up.........
dezzer
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 39 times

Return to Archived Boat Angling Reports