Postby evan699 » Wed May 21, 2014 4:40 pm

People: Me

Duration: 9am till 3.30pm

Tide: High at 11.21 am

Weather: Sun shine, light winds

Bait: Rag and squid

Rigs: 3 hook flappers, pirks

Results: Pollack, Coalies, Codling, Ballan Wrasse, Whiting

Report: I headed out early today for a few hours. I was on my own and the weather wasn't as settled as it had been over the weekend so i decided to stick to the harbour. I anchored up on harbour rock first and started to get pollack from the first drop on rag and squid. I put down a pirk for conger but it wasn't touched all day. I had a steady enough run of pollack up to 50cm all morning. Nothing huge but it beats working. I was hoping for the boats first ballan and just as i opened up the lunch i started to get good bites on the 3 hook rig. I dropped the lunch and reeled in. I was delighted to see the a small nicely coloured wrasse come to the surface. The fishing slowed down soon after so I moved over to an area that is always alive with doggies but the whole place was lined with pots so i gave the area a miss. I drifted the turbot bank for a while hoping for flats but only picked up small codling and whiting. Things got a bit lumpy so i headed for the deep water off the jetty but again all i could get was small whiting so i moved to the culnane bank to try again for flats but still nothing but small whiting. It was getting late and the only areas that were comfortable to fish, were fishing badly so i called it a day. Beautiful morning out there and a few fish to keep me busy.
Attachments
DSC00172new.jpg
DSC00173new.jpg
DSC00175new.jpg
Species 2014: whiting, coalie, pouting, codling, pollack, ballan wrasse, dab, poor cod, mackerel, grey gurnard, conger, ling, cuckoo wrasse, launce, common skate, bass, scad, garfish, blue shark

Species 2015: Ballan wrasse, poor cod, pollack, ling, flounder, turbot, mackerel, whiting, lsd, dab, grey gurnard, pouting, cuckoo wrasse, cod

For this message the author evan699 has received thanks:
keem (Thu May 22, 2014 1:51 pm)
evan699
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 28 times

Return to Archived Boat Angling Reports