Postby evan699 » Mon May 19, 2014 12:53 pm

People: Me, My Brother and My dad

Duration: Thursday, Friday and Saturday morning

Tide:

Weather:

Bait: Lures

Rigs: Jig Heads

Results: Pollack, Pouthing, Coalie, Codling

Report: The weather's been pretty bad since we put the new boat in the water over easter so I was itching to get out for a proper run. I took the day off work on thursday and my brother and me headed out for the day. It was grand and calm so we headed out of the harbour to drift a few reefs. The fish weren't too big but we were getting plenty of them from the first drift. Pollack were coming in steady and most of them were around the 3 or 4 lb range but a few bigger ones to 6 lb. We were using light lure rods and jig heads so all the fish were putting up a great fight on the gear. The fish finder was showing fish at a range of depths and we started to pick up a few coalies in among the pollack and the odd codling to about 1.5 lb. My brother started with the feathers to see if there was any chance of a few macks but he was just picking up string after string of small coalies. The fishing slowed down in the evening so we headed back into the harbour and had a few drops at dognose bank but all we were getting was small whiting so we called it a day soon after. Friday was much the same as was saturday morning. My dad came along on satureday instead of my brother. The fog was thick on saturday morning so it made things a bit tough but we still managed a few fish. Hoping to get out again thisevening so I'll let ye know how i do. Thanks for reading and for the help I've received over the last few weeks on here.
Attachments
DSC00163 new.jpg
DSC00161 new.jpg
DSC00158 new.jpg
Species 2014: whiting, coalie, pouting, codling, pollack, ballan wrasse, dab, poor cod, mackerel, grey gurnard, conger, ling, cuckoo wrasse, launce, common skate, bass, scad, garfish, blue shark

Species 2015: Ballan wrasse, poor cod, pollack, ling, flounder, turbot, mackerel, whiting, lsd, dab, grey gurnard, pouting, cuckoo wrasse, cod

For this message the author evan699 has received thanks: 2
JimC (Mon May 19, 2014 1:19 pm), lucky13 (Wed May 21, 2014 8:48 am)
evan699
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 28 times

Re: Fair Game, Cork Harbour

Postby agardiner22 » Mon May 19, 2014 2:42 pm

jeasus looks like a cracker of a day all round
Always CAR! unless its a pollock...!

2012 species: Pollock, Mack, Coalfish, Gurnard, Bullhuss, Dogfish and Wrasse.
Would do anything for a bass!
agardiner22
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 68 times

Re: Fair Game, Cork Harbour

Postby lucky13 » Wed May 21, 2014 8:48 am

nice fishing!
lucky13
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 184 times

Return to Archived Boat Angling Reports