People: Myself and my brother Rob

Duration: Hour and a half

Tide: Mid tide flooding

Weather: Beautiful

Bait: N/A

Rigs: Exocet Feathers

Results: 9 small pollock

Report:

Finally got the boat back in the water for the year during the week and the engine refused to start,( :oops: ) quick spark plug change and carb cleaned yesterday and we put it back in today, 7/8 ft swell out in the bay but the harbor itself was delightful so we just went for a putter around to warm up the batteries and run in the engine for the season. After taking a few videos of the resident dolphin with the gopro. I then decided i was going to do a quick few drifts from the mouth of the harbor so whipped out the Tarca and dropped a string of feathers just to ease my mind. No action of the first or second drift so i moved over to the western shore of the harbour where i came onto a shoal of new pollock possibly taking shelter. Pulled up two on the first drift and none on the second, cast out east and slowly reeled in while drifting back to bring the feathers in a nice angle and successively had small pollock on each drift. Before i knew it eight o clock hit and it was time to head back.
All small < 1/2lb pollock but it was nice to feel the shake of the rod tip again. A beautiful fish in it's juvenile state very light grey brown not quiet the strong brown colour of the older fish. All in all a nice day out and thank god I've gotten myself off to a bloody start this year!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
A bad days fishing is still better then a good day at the office.

Species of 2014 (1): Pollock

Species of 2013 (13): (coarse) Brown Trout, Seatrout, Salmon
(sea) Pollock, Mackerel, Cod, Ling, Bass, Dogfish, Coalie, Ballan Wrasse, Cuckoo Wrasse, Mullet

Species of 2012 (11): (coarse) brown trout, seatrout, pike, roach
(sea) mackerel, Spanish mackerel, pollock, cuckoo wrasse, coalie, cod, dogfish, bass

For this message the author jgraham768 has received thanks: 2
chuckaroo (Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:46 am), lucky13 (Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:17 am)
jgraham768
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 54 times

Re: SOUTHWESTERN, Dingle, 06/04/14

Postby MAC » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:44 pm

You should pop the videos up on youtube and add a link on this page. Would be great to see :)
><º> ><º>

><º>
MAC
SAC Treasurer

Have thanks: 178 times

Re: SOUTHWESTERN, Dingle, 06/04/14

Postby jgraham768 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:25 am

MAC wrote:You should pop the videos up on youtube and add a link on this page. Would be great to see :)

Ya will do just have to get the SD card from my brother :)
A bad days fishing is still better then a good day at the office.

Species of 2014 (1): Pollock

Species of 2013 (13): (coarse) Brown Trout, Seatrout, Salmon
(sea) Pollock, Mackerel, Cod, Ling, Bass, Dogfish, Coalie, Ballan Wrasse, Cuckoo Wrasse, Mullet

Species of 2012 (11): (coarse) brown trout, seatrout, pike, roach
(sea) mackerel, Spanish mackerel, pollock, cuckoo wrasse, coalie, cod, dogfish, bass

For this message the author jgraham768 has received thanks:
MAC (Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:40 am)
jgraham768
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 54 times

Return to Archived Boat Angling Reports