The early days of wreck fishing

Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:36 pm

I just found an old photo of an early wreck trip and thought I might put it up....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: The early days of wreck fishing

Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:41 pm

Wow!

Sent from my GT-S5369 using Tapatalk 2

Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:52 pm

Would love to see a few more of these Early days fishing photographs. I think it's important for those new to the sport and those that read the website form time to time to see the absolute destructions Commericial fishing has done to the sport and to fish stocks in general in what has been a very short period of time.... The decline in the last 15 - 20 years alone would put anyone off starting up in this sport...

Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:09 pm

The fishing in those days was excellent, we didn't appreciate it.

Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:18 pm

Really make me jealous ..... savage

Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:14 pm

Leaca Rua or Marwyn?Or am I wrong!?
Who are the lads?Hard to see....
Nice one Pat!

Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:46 pm

Those lads were from Cobh SAC - Mick Smith, George Stockley, Eddie Cullinane, and a very young me at the end.

Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:50 am

excellent photo pat,a lad would've had to have been way more on his game back then,no fancy fowl weather gear or rigs more or less everything you can buy in a tackle shop now that was homemade back then...great pic...

Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:45 am

My Dad use to be in Perrystown anglers in Dublin, They fished the ridge most of the time, catching double figure cod and huge ray on most trips! They use to catch big plaice down at the breaches before they dredged the s*** out of the mussel beds! Those days well and truly behind us unfortunately :(