Boat Engines Stolen - Lower Aghada

Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:29 pm

Hi All,

Just warning anyone storing a boat in the Cork area to keep a sharp eye on it. Last night my Honda 50hp 4 stroke was stolen from Aghada. The boat parked next to mine had his Mariner 60hp taken aswell. They knew what they were doing cause the engines were removed cleanly. (no chainsaws thankfully). A few fuel tanks taken from other boats I think. Pretty gutted about it.
If anyone hears about dodgy engines moving on the second-hand market let us know, but I reckon they were taken to order. Anyway, keep your stuff well locked up.

Chris.

Re: Boat Engines Stolen - Lower Aghada

Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:49 pm

Terrible news....this is terrible carry on :x
Where was the boat located Chris?

Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:56 pm

Where were they stored ?

Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:01 pm

Sorry to hear that,ill keep an ear to the ground up here in galway,its going on up here with smaller engines around Lough Corrib and Lough Mask with 6 taken in one night about 6 weeks ago from the same area on the Mask all 4 strokes with none of the 2 strokes touched with all boats written off beyond repair.

John Ainsworth.

Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:28 pm

I have heard today that they were stolen from the tennis club in Lower Aghada.

Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:52 pm

Yup, mine was at the tennis club. They got in by cutting through the fence.

Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:01 pm

Sorry to hear that mate.

Maybe try look over done deal / adverts.ie
Stuff like that.
You never know stupid criminals do stupid things like sell then fast.
Best if luck

Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:12 pm

Probably out of the country already.

I might move the Great Dane's kennel into the boat for the winter..........

Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:14 pm

shower of bastards,they should be tared and feathered if caught,sad news for that area,hope somebody saw something and it was reported,we will all keep an ear to the ground,but a lot of engines are already gone to our eu neighbours in containers,eddie...........

Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:55 pm

Scumbags... I was meant to move my boat in a few weeks ago... Glad I held off.

I'd love to catch the fukers... My inflatable was nicked from aghada pier last summer... Prob same people... Mid Oct...

There should be much better security in this day and age.....

Ohhh but I'd love to find em.

Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:24 pm

sorry to hear of this happening chris all too common these days hope things get sorted for you asap.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:42 pm

jahsus...will keep an ear n eye out for ya too lad...i have a few buddies ill let know aswell..must warn other lads too..bad news boy.f**k laad.

Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:00 am

christymax wrote:Hi All,

Just warning anyone storing a boat in the Cork area to keep a sharp eye on it. Last night my Honda 50hp 4 stroke was stolen from Aghada. The boat parked next to mine had his Mariner 60hp taken aswell. They knew what they were doing cause the engines were removed cleanly. (no chainsaws thankfully). A few fuel tanks taken from other boats I think. Pretty gutted about it.
If anyone hears about dodgy engines moving on the second-hand market let us know, but I reckon they were taken to order. Anyway, keep your stuff well locked up.

Chris.

dirty scumbags, hope it was insured.

Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:17 am

It was insured thankfully. Thanks for all the comments fellas. A white van with English/NI plates was seen doing the rounds of Cork Harbour boat yards. Reckon they're the culprits.