Red Scorpion, Kilmore

Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:01 am

First time attempting to load photo of Kilmore trip. Red Scorpion fish? Any info well received. I heard quite rare?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Red Scorpion, Kilmore

Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:03 am

red scorpion?looks to be just a standard short spined sea scorpion :wink: not that rare at all.

Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:08 am

Thanks John, was news to me... I'd never come across one before. UGLY shagger none the less! lol

Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:18 am

ugly is right they also come in various colours,can get them alot bigger aswell, seen a monster one in a chinese lads bucket in Dalkey a few weeks back,and another lad showed me a picture recently telling me he caught a monkfish turned out to be the same :lol: :lol: here is a big one i had back in july
sp3[1].JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:17 am

This is what a red scorpion fish looks like. Very poisonous too

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/environme ... 762174.ece

Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:41 am

Crazy to think that the skipper of the Charter Boat Lady Alison didnt know what species you had caught :shock:

Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:58 pm

Think I'll have to stick it to him alright. I'd had better check that it wasn't one of the lads throwin out an ''informed '' identity first though. It was my mate who actually caught him. I was an 'over the shoulder' audience member ( to busy pulling up pollock myself! ) Thanks for the info though. Cheers.