Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:34 pm

People:bert mc gregor

Duration:all day

Tide:

Weather:calm

Bait:macks

Rigs:

Results:tope

Report:Just taught id post this pic up of a specimen tope my dad caught at the weekend , they were fishing out of howth and using mackerel as bait , they caught plenty of tope that day but this was the best one ,, 47lb
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: specimen tope 47lb , howth

Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:34 am

Sweet fish. Im just wondering if you wouldn't mind could you give me a rough idea where you head for these. I fish out of Howth also and have been considering targeting tope instead of the usual pollock wrasse dogs and hounds,

Any help would be great feel free to PM me if you can help.

Thanks

Martin

Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:38 am

Thats a cracker all right :)

Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:54 am

That's a cracker of a Tope fare play to him

Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:58 am

Nice fish fair play :)

Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:19 pm

martin435 wrote:Sweet fish. Im just wondering if you wouldn't mind could you give me a rough idea where you head for these. I fish out of Howth also and have been considering targeting tope instead of the usual pollock wrasse dogs and hounds,

Any help would be great feel free to PM me if you can help.

Thanks

Martin

Hi Martin , I will be back down with him the weekend and ill get more info off him :) , will pm you then :)

Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:23 pm

Cheers lads for the replys , he will be delighted. Lol , I usually post up his pics etc because he can't even turn on a laptop , lol , he going for the 10 specimens this yr , that tope was his 6th , so hopefully he will get it :) , he on a specimen buzz this year , hahaha

Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:08 am

well done that man. crackin tope

Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:17 pm

what a beauty boy...

Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:16 am

Crackin fish well done

Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:31 pm

I would like to echo all the sentiments from above, what a f**king catch... :shock: :shock: