Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:48 pm

People: Me & my nephew Charlie

Duration: 2 hours

Tide: start of flood

Weather: Nice, slack W breeze

Bait: Rag & feathers

Rigs:

Results: Mackerel, Tub Gurnard, Ballan Wrasse, Pollack

Report: Brought my 9 yo nephew out for a couple of hours on Sunday morning. We launched in Dun Laoghaire as the tide was out, and motored over towards Dalkey. We managed a dozen Mackerel pretty quickly, and I didn't see the point in slaughtering loads of them, so we headed to the Island to add a couple more species. On spinning rods we managed some Wrasse & Pollack and a decent size Tub, and then headed back home with our bounty. Young Charlie was chuffed. He saw me land a couple of Tope last summer, so I reckon I'll get him one for himself at the start of next season. He seems well and truly hooked.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Dalkey, 25 August

Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:56 pm

Nice size Gurnard!

Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:20 pm

Nice eating size Donal, unfortunately when I went to fillet it, it was riddled with worms.

Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:50 pm

Rob Millard wrote:Nice eating size Donal, unfortunately when I went to fillet it, it was riddled with worms.
most gurnards are known have got a lot of worms, just more protein in a different shape :mrgreen: that fish display would put most fish mongers displays to shame :lol: :lol:

Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:56 am

nice tub!!