Courtmacsherry 26, 27, 28th July

Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:41 pm

People: Me, Moody Marlin & Peter Cody

Duration: 3 days

Tide: various

Weather: Good, mostly dry & bright.

Bait: various

Rigs: various

Results: Thornback Ray, LSD, Mackerel, Launce, Bass, Mullet, Ling, Conger, Cod, Pollack, Coalie, Pouting,

Report: We headed down to Courtmac last Friday, and arrived a couple of hours before LW. We fished Woodpoint for a couple of hours but blanked on the bass. We took one of Mark Gannon's self drives out Friday evening, and had a bit of craic catching Pollack & Mackerel around Horse Rock, and then anchored up for the last hour and caught more doggies than you could shake a stick at, and an 8lbs Ray on 40g spinning rod. Saturday morning we boarded the Lady Louise with a few Dutch guys that we'd fished with in Courtmac last summer. They had been out the previous day, and had some excellent Pollack fishing, but on Saturday, the fishing on the drift was a bit slower. We all managed a few Pollack, some Codling and Ling on the drift, but Mark took the decision to anchor up. It was a good decision, we managed about 20 ling & about 20 conger, both to about 20lbs weight. Despite feeling a little tired by the time we got back to dock, I dragged myself off to a mark I wanted to fish on the west side of the old head. The conditions looked perfect, and after a few casts with a shallow diver, I landed a bass of a couple of pounds weight. I fished on for another 20 minutes, before packing it in and heading to the pub for a nightcap. Sunday proved to be a watered down version of Saturday, with the fish a little trickier to catch, but that didn't stop us having an enjoyable day, with MM in particular, catching a good few congers & ling. Once back at dock, I had one last thing to do before getting in the car. A mullet of about 3lbs, job done. I only wish we could have stayed for a few more days.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Courtmacsherry 26, 27, 28th July

Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:54 pm

Nice going Rob some fine fish there. Was there any size to the Pollock at horse rock? we took the self dive boats a few weeks ago the Pollock were about 5lb was hoping for some big ones, great spot cant wait to get back again.

Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:01 pm

Thanks nicefish! Nah, the Pollack at Horse were to about 4lbs at a push. We were hoping for some bigger ones too, as double figure Pollack aren't out of the question there. Good craic all the same.

Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:17 pm

Great fishing lads

Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:05 pm

Well done .........great fishing :D :D

Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:52 am

Good stuff.

Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:57 am

Well done Rob. Nice mix of fish there......

Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:24 pm

Was a great weekend, can't wait to get back down after the blues. :)