Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:23 pm

People:3

Duration:1 hour

Tide:flood

Weather:brutal

Bait:rag

Rigs:

Results:2 ballan wrasse pollack

Report:well my daughter had been hounding me to bring her boyfriend out for his first ever fish, i had been getting an earfull the last few days so i said friday might be ok as yesterday was also a nono, had a few things to do earlier so passed the launch site all looked ok an odd bit of a breaker way out so i made a call to get ready as we will get out to fish very inshore, within an hour of looking out at the sea and launching it had turned quite choppy, so i decided to make it a very short trip the mission was to get them at least a fish each and back in. rough ground and wrasse were the target with very simple rigs, was not long before i had their two rods set up and baited, rigs down and not long before kyle had his first ever fish a ballen wrasse happy days at least he didnt blank soon after leonie had her first fish of the year again another ballan, happy that the two of them had at least 1 fish i made the decision for to head in as it was getting worse and someone had not grown their sealegs :lol: on the way up kyle had managed to get himself a small pollack what he was delighted with,hopefully the weather turns and i can get them out for a propper session :wink: me well i blanked first time ever in the boat, i must be losing my touch :oops: well what do you expect launch at 12 fish and back in before 1 i have never seen the likes of it :shock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Dublin Boat mark (IMELDA) 14/6/13 quick trip

Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:48 pm

I was in Wexford earlier John, and it didn't look pleasant. Evening high tides next week, I hope the wind settles down!

Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:53 am

In and out in an hour and fish too, thats good going by any standards. And hopefully The Boyfriend will develop into an enthusiast for you, its handy have younger muscle on call as the seasons roll on and the joints get stiffer.... :)

Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:18 pm

Fair play to ye John for making the effort at least they got some fish. Do most chemists sell sealegs?

Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:22 pm

Nice short session John, great to see they have an interest in the fishing/outdoors. Although I would say its still not an excuse to blank :P