tope 2013.jpg
People:Myself & Moody Marlin

Duration: 2 and half hours

Tide: end of ebb

Weather: lovely, light S wind

Bait: Mackeral & Crab

Rigs:

Results: 2 x Dogfish 1 x Tope

Report: Having had our 1st attempt of the season thwarted by the weather on the bank holiday weekend I've been itching to get out and see if the Tope are back. With a weather window this evening myself and MM were on the water by 6.15, and within 40 mins I'd put a Tope in the boat. I really thought from there on we'd have a few more but no such luck. We managed just 2 dogfish after that. Very slow indeed. I had crab out on an uptide rod expecting smoothies, but again no luck. I would expect better for mid May, but I guess that cold spring has delayed everything by a couple of weeks. It can only get better from here on![album][/album]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cahore 16 May

Fri May 17, 2013 8:32 am

Well done on the tope 8) The hounds seem thin on the ground alright, hopefully when they do turn up they'll be hungry!

Sat May 18, 2013 6:45 pm

nice one rob,great to get an early tope,eddie........

Thu May 23, 2013 9:20 pm

Nice tope, hopefully start of things to come

Fri May 24, 2013 9:25 pm

Cracking fish well done.

Fri May 24, 2013 10:40 pm

Going to hit Cahore again in the morning. Tides are a bit strong but hopefully get a few more. Have some fresh peelers too so expecting to get amongst the smoothies.