Switch to full style
OLd Boat Reports are moved here for Public Viewing
Topic locked

Spaniards at Bellavista - Video

Wed May 08, 2013 4:22 pm

A first for the gang at Bellavista Hotel was the arrival of a pair of anglers from Galicia in the north of Spain.
They wanted to target some early season bass. When they booked their trip this was always probable. I don't think anybody predicted the cold spell in April. Still despite not catching some bass they did have some craic fishing light for pollack and cod.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hlPMtdKTk8k

Re: Spaniards at Bellavista - Video

Wed May 08, 2013 7:27 pm

Muchas gracias senor Jim. 8)

Wed May 08, 2013 8:06 pm

Very nice well done what was the weight of the lead head you were using? And the name of the shads if you don't mind. :D .

Wed May 08, 2013 9:14 pm

Determined Dan wrote:Very nice well done what was the weight of the lead head you were using? And the name of the shads if you don't mind. :D .

The drift was easy on the day so 40-50g was enough. We would go to 60-70g. Basically any soft plastic will do but some will be better on the day so be prepared to chop and change.
Hart Absolut Worms
Hart Absolut Shad
Illex nitro jerk lightning
Diawa D'shad
Hart Leech
HTO Real shad
Black minnow
Surecatch metal jigs

Wed May 08, 2013 10:00 pm

Can't imagine getting pollock like that in Galicia :D :D

Wed May 08, 2013 11:04 pm

JimC wrote:
Determined Dan wrote:Very nice well done what was the weight of the lead head you were using? And the name of the shads if you don't mind. :D .

The drift was easy on the day so 40-50g was enough. We would go to 60-70g. Basically any soft plastic will do but some will be better on the day so be prepared to chop and change.
Hart Absolut Worms
Hart Absolut Shad
Illex nitro jerk lightning
Diawa D'shad
Hart Leech
HTO Real shad
Black minnow
Surecatch metal jigs

Thanks jim I'll keep a eye out for those makes and start putting some gear together. Thanks again.

Fri May 10, 2013 12:58 pm

Deadly i keep saying i go down i must.
:D

Fri May 10, 2013 2:22 pm

Great vid Jim

Sun May 12, 2013 9:42 pm

Great vid as usual Jim. Must try some plastics when i get down there.
Topic locked