Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:45 pm

People:Sweetwrasse a.n. other & myself

Duration:2 hours or soo

Tide: falling

Weather:Lovely

Bait:Feather and Rag

Rigs: Baited feathers

Results: 2x Cod 3x Ballan Wrasse, Whiting, Dab and a Gurnard

Report: Was invited out on Thursday evening from bullock harbour on a friends boat in a hope of trying to get some mack which didn't oblige not for lack of trying though. Decided to try some rougher ground closer in to see if we could find some cod and other species that could provide us with a meal. We baited up some of the feathers and dropped them down and were getting rattles fairly quickly and then getting smashed by some nice codling. We only managed to land two of them on the few drifts we did. Picked up some nice Ballans as well on the drift which put up a very good scrap, got an old bruiser of a wrasse that had a few battle wounds on it but he/she went back ok. Sweetwrasse got a good hit from a nice fish that was taking line until the seal came into play which was fairly annoying. After that we moved on as the seal was patrolling the area not much else showed up except for the dabs and whiting. Was good to get out on a boat as its been a while looking forward to the next one.

Re: Dublin Bay Marks

Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:03 pm

great stuff. lovely looking wrasse there
now im hungry! :D

Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:34 pm

chuckaroo wrote:great stuff. lovely looking wrasse there
now im hungry! :D

never giving cod away again :mrgreen: whats your reciepe for that sexy looking batter ,yea have me side leppin :lol:

Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:42 pm

250g of self raising flour and some pepper to season and some Heineken instead of water.

Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:59 pm

jack01986 wrote:Heineken instead of water.

would Dutch gold or Tubourg not do :lol: :lol:

Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:49 pm

Its all that was in the fridge :wink: ! This could work as well but i dunno what it could taste like.

Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:42 am

jack01986 wrote:250g of self raising flour and some pepper to season and some Heineken instead of water.

Stay classy Jacko!