Dublin Boat Marks IMELDA 17/6/2012

Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:35 pm

People: me and herself

Duration: 6hours

Tide:ebb/flood

Weather:mixed

Bait:macks launce crab

Rigs:various

Results:(12) species, Greyhounds, Lsd's ,dabs,poorcod,goldsinny,Ballen wrasse,macks,launce,whiting, pollack, cod,grey gurnard.

Report: Headed out with the otherhalf around 1pm for a mack bashing session, as she likes to be kept busy taking them off the hooks,but all the sesarching didnt pay off only a half dozen were caught along with about 20 launce so i said to myself at least i have a bit of bait 8) in all of the searching i didnt realise when i looked at the plotter i was over one of my Greyhound marks :mrgreen: so i suggested to her we might have a better chance of picking up a few more macks if i put the anchor down :wink: i then discovered i had about 20 peelers with me in a bait box so down went big fish bait in the hope of a ray,and another rod went down with crabs in search of a hound's,not long till the baits were getting hammered by dogs, then a steady supply of hounds were gracing the deck, all decent fish in the 5 to 6lb bracket 8) still no macks for herself on the feathers, she soon started to get fed up at this stage as they had got the forecast wrong again and the south east wind against tide and rain took it's toal on her,so she called it a day and i had to bring her back to dry land :roll: i then went in search of a few more species for another few hours before ready to come in, not a bad day but where have all the macks gone :? not many picks as the battery went flat in the camera :evil:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by JOHN1 on Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Dublin Boat Marks IMELDA 17/6/2012

Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:54 pm

Nice species count John and good to see a few hounds about, got a few hounds myself on Sunday.
Don't think the crap weather on Saturday helped the macks. Couldn't get any all day and then ran into them when searching out a few launce on way back in got 14. :D

Yappo

Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:23 pm

Nice mix of species there :D Great result 8)

Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:59 pm

Nice one John! Lucky you "discovered" the peelers :D :D :D

Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:53 pm

yappo wrote:Nice species count John and good to see a few hounds about, got a few hounds myself on Sunday.
Don't think the crap weather on Saturday helped the macks. Couldn't get any all day and then ran into them when searching out a few launce on way back in got 14. :D

Yappo
lucky you :D i hope you stuck them in the freezer, and not done like i did last week,i gave 50 away for other people to eat :shock:
timod wrote:Nice mix of species there :D Great result 8)
thanks tim :wink:
JimC wrote:Nice one John! Lucky you "discovered" the peelers :D :D :D
cheers jim,yes i must have left them in the boat since the last time i was out, and they were perfect just bursting at the seem's :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
she was very disapointed i didnt have any real bait with me :? she is old skool it has to be either rag or lug :mrgreen:

Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:53 am

nice one john nice bit of fishing :wink:

Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:28 pm

Very nice John !

Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:32 pm

Good result John -well done

Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Fair play on gettin out and gettin some fish. Good to see the hounds been got