Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:59 pm

People:just me

Duration:5 hours

Tide:flood/ebb

Weather:choppy NE wind and sunny

Bait:rag crab frozen mack and launce

Rigs: a few

Results:Dabs whitings pollacks wrasse

Report:looked out the window at 6.30am not a breath of wind out :D so i decided there and then i was going out for a few hours unplanned, so off i go in search of a petrol station to replenish a tank.
loaded the boat up and put the electronics in, made a very quick sambo and off i went 8)
arrived at the slip at about 830 and seen quite a chop on the sea :roll: was on the water and fishing for 9. i went to an old haunt to see if there was any hounds about stuck at it for about 2 hours in a sea that was getting worse by the minute, again not a sniff of a hound but i was kept busy with tiny dabs and whiting on the lighter gear.
the water was very coloured from the previous days stormy sea so fresh macks or launce were well off the cards.
made a few moves and managed or struggled which ever way you look at it :? to pull about 6 Ballans and the same amount of pollack from a washing machine situation :lol: :lol: the best of the pollack was 4lb :wink: he went down well with a few chips earlier on :P
Been up so early and in a rush i also forgot to put a bit of sunscreen on :shock: so i look like a bad case of Blood pressure at the moment :oops: :oops:

just before packing up time the seas calmed a bit, i was nearly run over by boy racer out practising his manouvers in a flashy american florida keys type boat, i took a picture to see if anyone on here can recognise him,he was wearing big dark sunglasses like your man out of CHIPS used to wear 8) :lol: :lol:

super looking boat mate,i wish yous the very best of luck with her :wink: 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Dublin Bay Marks (IMELDA) 4/6/2012

Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:48 pm

Haha good man John ! Sure it would have been a shame not to take her out on a day like that ! Had a few hounds myself yesterday not to mention the very rare dogfish and pin whiting !

Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:18 pm

You were dead right John making the most of it. Great scrap off the wrasse on the light gear

Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:30 pm

Fair play on getting a few John,cracker of a day for it.And always nice to get something to fill the pan 8)

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:02 am

Nice going John, what slip do you use?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:44 pm

boycie89 wrote:Haha good man John ! Sure it would have been a shame not to take her out on a day like that ! Had a few hounds myself yesterday not to mention the very rare dogfish and pin whiting !

good news on the hounds boycie, any chance of sharing the whiting mark with me :mrgreen:
anthony byrne wrote:You were dead right John making the most of it. Great scrap off the wrasse on the light gear
yes they do make a great account of themselvs 8)
timod wrote:Fair play on getting a few John,cracker of a day for it.And always nice to get something to fill the pan 8)
thanks tim, they do go down well with a nice bit if cracked black pepper :P
nicefish wrote:Nice going John, what slip do you use?

around here i use either Dunlaoghaire or Dalkey,Dunlaoghaire always has some water, dalkey drys out :wink:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:57 pm

Hi John sorry to wreck your head again :oops: is there free parking at the slip in dun laoghaire?

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:34 pm

No chance it's €2 an hour. :(

Yappo

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:04 pm

nicefish wrote:Hi John sorry to wreck your head again :oops: is there free parking at the slip in dun laoghaire?

park in the council carpark over behind the west pier much cheaper :wink:

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:31 pm

yappo wrote:No chance it's €2 an hour. :(

Yappo

And thats 2 euro per hour for a car and 2 euro per hour for the trailer = 4 euro:shock: well thats what i was told when i rang them a couple of years back :evil: thats why i dont park here :mrgreen: