People: Me and group from work

Duration:4 hours

Tide:rise

Weather: good

Bait:mack, sandeel, crab, squid

Rigs:Pulley Rigs

Results:2 Ray 2 dogs

Report:
We had organised a trip for the lads I work with a few weeks ago after hearing reports on tope and ray been got over the past few weeks. We headed off at lunch time on Tuesday with the lunch packed and the hopes were high off having a few decent fish. We headed out at 4.00 from the harbour to fish our first mark and ray was the target. After 10 mins or so I heard the reel making the clicking sound and then I got a run. Grabbed the rod and held it for a minute. Me heart was racing. Had to wait for a few min for fish to swallow to bait. Gave a little strike and felt the fish pulling back. Happy days fish on. :D :D . Took a few mins for fish to surface. Lovely fish 5 pound ray. We thought great start this was goin to be a good day. Nothing else happened for a few hours. Fishing was very quite. A couple of dogs were got and it was nearly time to go home. Dannys rod belted over and line took off. The fish was pullin him all over the boat. After a few mins the fished surfaced. A whopper of a ray 10 pound. Best fish of the day. Fair play Danny. :D :D . He was delighted. We headed back in soon after. The other lads were disapointed as the fishing was not great. The dogs did not even show. Thats the way fishing goes. Danny smiled all the way home.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Courtown 22nd of May

Mon May 28, 2012 10:54 am

so happy for Danny :mrgreen: and the ray was lovly :wink: well done to robbie as well,we all had great time that day even doh the fishing was bad we made the most of it