Dublin Boat Marks (IMELDA) 24/5/2012

Fri May 25, 2012 9:32 pm

People:Darragh Harry and I

Duration:10 to 5

Tide:flood/ebb

Weather fantastic

Bait:crab mack rag launce squid

Rigs:various

Results: 10 species. Lsd's, ballan wrasse, dabs, whiting, Launce, Pouting, Coalies, Grey Gurnard, Pollack, Poor cod.

Report:Went out to make the most of the good weather we are having at the moment. headed to my usual spot to fill up the bucket with launce and tankfully they are back, they were not around the last couple of times i was out as the water was too coloured for them,we got about 20 in a few minutes.so with fresh Launce we headed off in search of some amimal fish the only ones to take an interest were the dogs :?
but we were all kept busy with second rods realing in a variety of fish including some nice grey gurnards some over a pound and hoards of whiting 8)
next stop had us in a bit of deeper water not long before we were into full strings of poor cod :shock: and some half decent pouting with the odd nice dab and gurnard thrown into the mix,we soon got fed up with this so we hit the reefs for a spot of pollack fishing plenty of small fish upto 2lb with the odd coalie and a few wrasse making up the most of it,not a great days fishing but it was great to be out on such a wonderful day :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Dublin Boat Marks (IMELDA) 24/5/2012

Fri May 25, 2012 11:32 pm

Looks lovely out there. Fair play on gettin some fish. Hope to get out meself over next day or so

Sat May 26, 2012 5:15 pm

Better than slaving at work John :D Well done lads 8)

Sun May 27, 2012 3:39 pm

robbiemag wrote:Looks lovely out there. Fair play on gettin some fish. Hope to get out meself over next day or so

lets us know how you get on robbie :wink:
bigsod wrote:Better than slaving at work John :D Well done lads 8)
it wont be long now till you get a day off yourself shane 8) :mrgreen:

Mon May 28, 2012 11:04 pm

Went out Saturday. Got as far as pool beg light house and had to turn back. Massive waves rollin in. East wind was blowin hard. Rocked me boat all over the place. Learnt a valuable lesson. Never try go out in an easterly again. Will try again in a week or so.

Tue May 29, 2012 8:53 am

robbiemag wrote:Went out Saturday. Got as far as pool beg light house and had to turn back. Massive waves rollin in. East wind was blowin hard. Rocked me boat all over the place. Learnt a valuable lesson. Never try go out in an easterly again. Will try again in a week or so.

It's great for us over in the west tho - flat seas for a change, instead of the usual endless westerly sunamis. :D Pity there's no fish yet... :(

Tue May 29, 2012 6:39 pm

Hugo wrote:
robbiemag wrote:Went out Saturday. Got as far as pool beg light house and had to turn back. Massive waves rollin in. East wind was blowin hard. Rocked me boat all over the place. Learnt a valuable lesson. Never try go out in an easterly again. Will try again in a week or so.

It's great for us over in the west tho - flat seas for a change, instead of the usual endless westerly sunamis. :D Pity there's no fish yet... :(

when the wind is from the east the fish bite LEAST :mrgreen:

Tue May 29, 2012 8:54 pm

what about the winds from the North?

Tue May 29, 2012 10:28 pm

nicefish wrote:what about the winds from the North?

when the wind is from the North the fish come forth :lol: :lol:
and when the wind is from the west the fish bite best :mrgreen:and when the wind is from the south there might be some Doubt :wink:
can anyone come up with any better than that :D

Wed May 30, 2012 2:09 pm

very good :wink:

Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:02 am

"if the wind is in the east, and that is worst, for commonly, both winter and summer, the fish will not bite then. The west and north winds are good, but the south is best." Dame Juliana Berners, 1496 "you are to take notice that of the winds the south wind is said to be best....Next to that, the west wind is believed to be the best: and having told you that the east wind is the worst," Izaak Walton, 1653

Every time I go fishing in even an easterly breeze I consistantly catch nothing. I am not surprised as this sort of thing has been happening for hundreds of years! Does anyone know why?!

Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:46 am

When the wind is from the east the fish bite least.
When the wind is from the west the fish bite best.
When the wind is from the South you should try it out.
When the wind is from the North thou shalt not venture forth.

Sums it up for me. :D