Fri May 25, 2012 5:57 pm

People:

Duration:Me & Friend

Tide:incoming

Weather:Flat Calm

Bait:Frozen Mackerel + Crab

Rigs:

Results:1 thornback Ray,6 LSDs,Lots of Herring

Report:We headed out from Howth at 10am on Thursday in serch of mackerel for bait but found none we tryed all our marks around Irelands Eye and Balscadden but NO mackerel,we then decided to go out to Bennetts Bank and look for some Ray with our frozen mackerel and after 25mins or so we were into our 1st and only Thornback Ray for the day she measured 63cm from wing tip to wing tip nice fish then a small LSD was caught then blank not another fish was caught from this drop.We decided to go in towards Howth Head and anchor in another spot to see what we could catch,we anchored in 42meters and went down with 10 ounce leds but the run was to stroung.We had to use 1lb to hold bottom and all we got was 5 LSDs after 2 hrs we went back to Irelands Eye to try again for some mackerel,U can not catch somthing that is not there we did get a lot of small Herring they were all around 4in long..............(WHERE ARE ALL THE MACKEREL)......

Re: Howth

Thu May 31, 2012 12:21 pm

me n 6 other lads fished balcadden howth three days ago not a single tap... :evil: few d boys down the way got a few a couple days before that, think the hot spell of wheather made them come and go, just a thought tho... dun laoghaire i got 5fat ones two day ago, went again yesterday no joy at all, ya win some u loss some i suppose , good luck