Dublin Bay (IMELDA) 9/4/2012

Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:40 pm

Crew: me and harry

Duration:11am to 5pm

Tide:huge

Weather:not great

Bait:rag frozen mack and launce

Rigs:various

Results:Quick report headed out on short notice again, rang harry told him i was going in an hour so he jumped.
headed to my favourite mark for launce an as soon as we stopped i said to har we were not going to get any the water was like soup no visability, i was right none to be had after about 30 minutes we moved.
so off we went to get the blank out of the way whiting was the target :shock: and we struggled to get a few :? over the course of the day we only had about 12 or 15 between us,we anchored up for high slack managed 1 dab some whiting and a lone dog :twisted:
as the tide turned we had to move as we had a huge tide going against the wind not very nice.
so off we go again for a bit of comfort in sheltered water i only managed to catch in here i managed 4 pollack up to 2lb and my first lobster of the season, that i had for a snack last night 8) i also managed to get a scrap out of a seal using one of my home made leadheads with a jelly on it :D :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Dublin Bay (IMELDA) 9/4/2012

Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:56 pm

what recipe did you use for the seal? :twisted:

Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:59 pm

twinkle wrote:what recipe did you use for the seal? :twisted:

I'm going to try skewered seal very shortly :twisted: :mrgreen:

Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:17 pm

Nice fishing John,sounds like a bit of craic.The auld lobster are always a welcomed surprise 8)

Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:25 pm

Cheers tim, i have lost count of the number of lobsters i have caught, there is a little trick to help catch them, but i could not post it here :mrgreen:

Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:32 pm

JOHN1 wrote:there is a little trick to help catch them, but i could not post it here :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:17 am

timod wrote:
JOHN1 wrote:there is a little trick to help catch them, but i could not post it here :mrgreen:

does it involve pulling someones pots on board? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:46 pm

twinkle wrote:
timod wrote:

does it involve pulling someones pots on board? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would never have even considered that, too much like work, and i would get my boat dirty doing such a thing :wink:
Besides i know most of the lobster men around here, and me hauling their pots would not go down too well, it's hard enough for them with foreigners doing it whenever they get the chance :roll:
I use and angling technique that has been developed over the years :mrgreen: ,it does not always work but it will increase my chances 8) :lol: :lol: .
I have caught a lot of lobsters using it including a PB of 4.5lbs :wink: