Gigabyte, Cork 12/02/2012

Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:01 pm

People: me, Tim, Pete

Duration: 09:00 - 18:00

Tide: all states

Weather: calm, sunny for the most part, almost t-shirt weather at times

Bait: mackerel, herring, lug, razor

Rigs: all sorts

Results: Coalfish, Whiting, Pollack, Ling, Cuckoo Wrasse, Ballan Wrasse, Poor Cod

Report: First trip out this year. Weather was beautiful for the time of year, jackets off for a good part of the day. Hit the harbour rock first out, few coalies and the odd whiting off the back of it. Headed out to the Lings shortly afterwards. Plenty of Cuckoos, a good few ling and a few other bits and pieces showing on the drift. We headed off to fish some cleaner ground, managing only the odd whiting and ling. Back to the Lings where the fishing had picked up with the increase in tide and we had some nice drifts. Fishing a flier picked us up some decent pollack up to 8lbs along with the the ubiquitous cuckoos and ling. Few coalies started to show as well. Pete picked up a bonus Ballan giving him the species win for the day.
Headed back to the harbour for a quick drift or two before we finished up, but with the strong tide pushing as on we didn't catch anything else.

Re: Gigabyte, Cork 12/02/2012

Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:54 pm

Great days fishing lee , you got great weather for it

Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:46 pm

did the lug catch fish :shock: :shock:

Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:24 pm

Cheers Stephen and sorry Donal, not a tap on the lug. I'm nursing the remainder of them on for a day or two for a shore session. My fresh razor did nothing as well, so might just have been me....