Tide:spring

Weather:Brillant

Bait:lug,mussel,macs,squid

Rigs:3 up, 3 down

Results:Codling,Pin whiting,Poor Cod,Haddock,
scorpion,
cuckoo wrasse,Doddies,Ling

Report:
Too good a forecast to be stuck indoors working. So armed with short notice leave permission (from work and wife ) , Septic and Magnet, I headed out from Greenore to be greeted by beautiful sea conditions.
Greenore sunset (Small).JPG

Surface water temp was 3 degs up on a month ago, at 9.9 deg C.
The mission was to get a few species to start the year.
First stop was a offshore mark that throws up small hake and a host of other species. The fishing was very slow for a big mark that is normally alive throughout the year, but still we notched up a few fish in the non existant drift. Poor Cod were in abundance as they always are. But slowly we added Codling,Whiting,Doggies for Septic(the drift was that slow ) and Cuckoo Wrass
I then struck into something better on the 3 below rig, which put a good bend in my rod. This turned out to be a 6lb 13oz Ling, which was a real bonus for him as his rates them highly as eating fish .
Ling (Small).JPG

So all in all it was an enjoyable day where the sneering and slagging eclipsed the fishing, but isn't that what it's all about? Having a good laugh with your mates on the water

don,t ask (Small).JPG

SAM_0272 (Small) (2).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Greenore friday 13th

Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:22 am

Some dodgy looking photos in there Gary :P

Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:04 pm

Great stuff, did you see if anyone from the shore was trying their luck?

Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:21 pm

great to see a report up gary its been a while 8) id say the craic and buzz was brilliant with the motley crew all on one boat :lol: the pictures are like something in late june instead of january 8) all i can do is look at the moment as shes out for the winter but roll on march and il be back in full force :mrgreen: hope to see you in howth one of these fine days