galway bay 25 oct

OLd Boat Reports are moved here for Public Viewing

galway bay 25 oct

Postby steve wilton » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:20 pm

went out tuesday as the winds were slack for a change although we had expected to fish in sheltered area around eddy island but when we got out it was as calm a day we had all summer so went out to a marked spot from before. had feathers and plastic shrimps and just slowly drifted over what little rock/kelp there is in the bay hoping for some fish!kev managed the 1 and only mackerel of the day(have they gone already?) we both hit plenty of small pollock sometimes 4 fish on at once and also about 4fish around the 3-4 lb ,i also then had a nice baleen wrasse and cuckoo wrasse and then the last take of the day i had a strange take that turned out to be a squid around 2 lb that is now sleeping in my bait freezer !!! all in all a good day and the weather was a bonus.
People:myself and kev

Duration:2pm till 8 pm

Tide:

Weather:calm

Bait:feathers/green muppets/shrimps

Rigs:

Results:

Report:
steve wilton
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: galway bay 25 oct

Postby hugo » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:32 pm

steve wilton wrote:
kev managed the 1 and only mackerel of the day(have they gone already?) ....
.......i had a strange take that turned out to be a squid around 2 lb that is now sleeping in my bait freezer !!!

The mackeral were never really here at all this year, good to get even the one this late on. Nice size squid too, we get the odd one off Downpatrick Head (Mayo) but only half that big.
hugo
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 183 times

Return to Archived Boat Angling Reports