the lady alison kilmore quay 13th oct

Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:42 am

Peoplemyself, arthur:,ronnie and my son dylan

Duration:10am till 5

Tide:high tide was 8am i think

Weather:foggy on and off but calm

Bait:

Rigs:the box

Results:pollock,to 4lb. codling to 6 lb. ling to 12lb. cuckoo wrasse, ballen wrasse, poor cod,pouting,coalfish and 1 mackerel

Report:after having 4 people pull out at the last minute, panic stations. called everyone and his mother i knew to see could i get replacments no joy.i decided to call paul bates and cancel the trip i was gutted explained to him what had happened. he told me to come with the four and he had 3 uk anglers looking to go out .arrived at 9 to a foggy but millpond sea. paul waited until nearly 10 for the others but they were no shows. so off went us four and the skipper out to fish :D it has been nearly 7 weeks since i wet a line. first drop a lovely pollock about 4 lb.there was no drift at all but boy was there fish the lings attacked the rigs we had at lest 12 ling for the day i thought mine would take biggest fish until my son took a 12lber. over the day we hit codling lots of them between 4 to 6 lb. we could have filled all the boxes with coalfish boy do they like them sabikis after filling 3 full sets on the trot took them off and continued trying different rigs. most of them taking fish.i have to say we lost more codling because of hook sizes i my self lost about 20 good fish trying to get them up to the surface the pink and amber squid rigs i had the plastic were too stiff i think and the hooks were ony clipping there lips :lol: these were rigs given to me to try out by a friend but i think id stick to the shamrocks they never let me down. we had a late lunch as we were on the fish all the time, and none of us wanted to stop every place we moved to paul bates had us on something different.what a day we will be swopping stories for the next few months and will judge every trip out with the day we had to day. will stick up photos of dylans ling tomorrow
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: the lady alison kilmore quay 13th oct

Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:34 am

brilliant fishing and good report Derek, a nice variety of fish, you made good use of the calm weather. Congrats to Dylan for the ling, a cracker!

Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:39 pm

The Austrian wrote:brilliant fishing and good report Derek, a nice variety of fish, you made good use of the calm weather. Congrats to Dylan for the ling, a cracker!
thanks martyn. he had a job trying to unhook it the teeth were like needles :lol: i left him to his own devices until he asked for help. then gave him the longnosed pliers :lol: a fantastic day.

Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:44 pm

lovely size fish!

Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:37 pm

Good report and super fishing Twinkle. Cracker of a ling.

Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:44 pm

Some lovely fish there well done.

Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:01 pm

sounds like a great day, this time of year seems very good if you can get the weather to get out

Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:19 pm

jw wrote:sounds like a great day, this time of year seems very good if you can get the weather to get out
it was dead calm 8). also i forgot to mention in the main report several times during the day we came upon shoals of sprat bubbling on the top of the water all been chased by coalies

Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:38 pm

nice fishing men,dont you get spoiled when your down that way :? :lol: :lol:

Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:40 pm

JOHN1 wrote:nice fishing men,dont you get spoiled when your down that way :? :lol: :lol:
oh god yes spoiled and hoping for another window in the weather. :lol: it was exactly what a boat angler needed after been kept away from his drug for 7 weeks.

Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:39 pm

twinkle wrote:
JOHN1 wrote:nice fishing men,dont you get spoiled when your down that way :? :lol: :lol:
oh god yes spoiled and hoping for another window in the weather. :lol: it was exactly what a boat angler needed after been kept away from his drug for 7 weeks.

i know how you feel derek, i had a 5 week break before i got out a couple of weeks ago :?
all going well i will be out in the morning SW winds forecast :D , so im all packed and ready to go :wink:

Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:46 am

hope you get out john. theres nothing worse than watching met eirrean put up 15km winds and when you get out should have been 50km :lol: hope you have a great day. im on football duty tomorrow so i wont make it out to howth :cry: but if theres a slack day during the week will defo make it :lol: iv only 2 weeks left on the mooring .they all come out 31st oct