Jumbo Cod

Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:29 pm

I thought I might post up two recent fine catches from the hub area. The first was from Cork Harbour and is a fine cod of over 20lbs caught on a soft plastic. The second is a cod of 11kgs caught on a feather, while fishing onboard the Sarah Marie out of Ballycotton. This is sure shaping upto be one of the best cod seasons on record. May the run of jumbo cod continue. For full story have a look at http://corkharbouranglinghub.blogspot.c ... tique.html and http://corkharbouranglinghub.blogspot.c ... otton.html.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Jumbo Cod

Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:43 pm

Wow now thats a Cod...not seen one like that for years of these shores...well done

Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:42 pm

Bloody hell thought they were a thing of the past in Ireland. :shock:
Hope we see some more. :D

Yappo

Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:03 pm

Thats great, and well done. Lovely to see the big stuff again. cheers

Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:07 pm

They are some serious lumps of cod :shock: i think i feel a trip to cork in my waters again :wink: :lol: :lol:

Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:22 pm

Extremely nice to see fish of that caliber knocking around,cracking stuff

Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:18 am

a proper cod of old.. fine fish!
nice catch 8)

Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:33 pm

Very impressive! :shock: What are the water temps like at the moment down your direction?

Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:04 am

14C - 15C

Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:41 am

WONDERFUL. We have the means to mix commercial and recreational fishing if only we manage it right, your pic's are testament to that.

www.anirishanglersworld.com

Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:50 pm

Top pic is a french chap...from Liberty Peche club. They had a super week in Cork. Had lots of bass to 11.5lb as well as great cod and pollack fishing. All fish were caught on lures and all fish (bar a couple of cod) were returned to fight another day (including the cod in the pic). :!:

Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:30 pm

Looks like their bass fishing was superb Jim. Here's a few pics of their bass exploits....http://corkharbouranglinghub.blogspot.c ... lures.html

Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:30 pm

i take one look at a cod like that and think of chips :oops: i,m a bad man :lol: :lol: and to think lads go all the way to norway for a fish like that , priceless!

Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:45 pm

roger de dodger wrote: and to think lads go all the way to norway for a fish like that , priceless!

aye but fish that size in Norway are common and considered small!! :)
almost every drop will produce a fish of 5-10lb :wink:

Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:46 pm

Almost every drop this year has been producing cod of >5lb out of Cork Harbour.

Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:02 pm

Pat wrote:Almost every drop this year has been producing cod of >5lb out of Cork Harbour.

Happy days,im sure thats a good sign for this winter 8)
I hope they get a chance to grow bigger and the guys with nets dont get them.....

Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:52 pm

if it wasn't over 30lb it wouldnt get a second glance in Norway, but there is no reason that the fish couldnt reach that size here if there was a decent managment plan. its still brilliant to see cod stocks growing in size and number.

Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:42 pm

Thats a fine lump of a cod how far out where you...and how long where you out for...... fair play great fishing :lol:

Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:16 pm

fish like that are few and far between well done lads but two swallows dont make a summer

Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:11 pm

Alright then...here's another swallow. Caught last weekend by Cobh SAC angler, Martin Perryman.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.