Bass Hunter, Ferrypoint, 7 & 8 August

Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:05 pm

People: Me Plus 2 nephews Leon (7) and Keelan (6)

Duration: 2 hours Sunday and 3 hours Monday

Tide: Rising

Weather: Windy Sunday and beautiful on Monday

Bait: Feathers and rag

Rigs: feathers

Results: Codling , Pollock, Wrasses, Mackerel

Report: Bought the 2 lads a fishing outfit each. Went out on Sunday morning for 2 hours from Ferry Point. It was a bit rough out at sea and so we just drifted up from the lighthouse towards the bridge. As we only had feathers I was not expecting much. Just passing Ferry Point Leon’s rod bent over and he had 2 nice codling. :D :D We went back on the same drift and he caught another codling followed by a very large mackerel.

Then I had to head off to Courtown for a competition. …more details of that later.

On Monday we set out early on a beautiful sunny summer’s morning. Straight out on the reef just about a mile east of Cable Island and Keelan managed 2 pollock and a ballan wrasse on the one drop. Not bad for a 6 year old. Lots more Pollock were caught but very few mackerel. After searching around for about an hour we finally caught some and it was home for a BBQ.

Later that evening we went beach fishing. More under shore reports.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Bass Hunter, Ferrypoint, 7 & 8 August

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:28 am

Nice day out Stan and a few fish for the youngsters , how bad 8)

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:32 am

Thanks Declan. They kept me busy. Will be putting up a shore report later....they did really well at that.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:55 pm

Well done on the session and on bringing the youngsters. They are days kids will remember

Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:43 pm

Nice to see the little ones catching,that's the next generation of anglers unfolding!!

Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:19 pm

nice wee short trip out with a few fish.
great pic :)

Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:11 pm

looks like a good day out. No better way for kids to spend a day out. So of my best day out were fishing with my dad.