Lady Lynda, Ballycastle 13 Sept 05

Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:47 pm

People: Myself + 3 of the Bangor contingent

Duration: 07:00 - 16:30

Tide: 4hrs either side of and including slackwater

Weather: Variable light SW breeze with clear skys - Lovely

Bait: Mackeral, Squid + Rag

Rigs: Mainly single and double hook ledger rigs

Results: Blonde, Homelyn and Cuckoo Ray, Common Skate, Gurnard, Dabs, Whiting, Lsd`s and Mackeral

Report: A fantastic day out with Sean fishing the Banks for rays. A quiet start was explained when Chris hooked into and boated a massive 202lb common skate on 30lb class gear, after this the fishing picked up with various species coming to the boat including Homelyn and Cuckoo rays untill slack water when everything went a bit quiet. A few gurnard and dabs on lighter gear till the tide started again in the afternoon and then the blondes put in appearance with fish to 21lb being landed amidst constant doggies, whiting etc. Fatastic day with a brilliant skipper, cant wait for the next trip.
Last edited by Marty Harrison on Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:57 pm

Super report Marty sounds like a cracking day.

Kev

Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:54 pm

It certainly was and always is in Ballycastle Mac. Great to get back into the sea fishing this year after 12yrs of obsession in a bivvy by a lake!

Marty

P.S. Is this the same Mac I know from FTI?

Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:55 pm

good to hear the fish are back on the ground, hopefully get a run out with shaun soon, its been a while! what bait did the skate and blondes lift?

Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:58 pm

26th is the Next date for the 'We always seem to get in the day after the Bangor boys' crew.

You didn't have that eejit Heasley with you did ya? :lol:

Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:47 pm

Blondies and the common all came on whole joey mackeral, slashed and the tail removed. Yea Paul was there K2, he bagged the biggest blonde too.

Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:25 am

I got a 25lb 9oz fish Last year on a Mackeral Fillet Wrapped in Squid on a Size 5/0 Pennell.
It was fun.
Topic locked