LADY KAREN PORTRUSH 7/8/11

Postby dan belfast » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:45 pm

MARINER SEA ANGLING CLUB
PORTUSH
LADY KAREN SKIPPERD BY PAUL GRAHAM
RIGS: EVERYTHING
WEATHER: SUNNY
TIDE: choppy enough
RESULTS: MACKEREL,GREY,RED,TUB GURNARD,COALIES,BALLAN WRASSE, POLLOCK, POUTING,POOR COD ,LING,PLAICE,WHITING AND POOR COD

TIME FOR ANOTHER BOAT TRIP. AFTER THE SUCCESS OF ARE WEEKEND TRIP IN DOWNINGS WE WERE BOOKED ON PAUL GRAHAMS LADY KAREN BOAT. THE FISHING ON A PREVIOUS TRIP WITH PAUL HAD RESULTED IN US LANDING A LOT OF GOOD SPURDOGS SO HOPES WERE HIGH. UNFORTIONLY PAUL GAVE US THE BAD NEWS WHEN WE ARRIVED THAT THE SUBMARINE WRECK WAS NOT ACCESIBLE DUE TO STRONG TIDES. :( :( :( WE STEAMED OUT TO ANOTHER MARK AND FISHING TO BE HONEST WAS PRETTY POOR ALL DAY. THERE WAS A DISTINCT LACK OF MACKEREL FOR A START AND WE WERE GETTING PLAGUED BY THE SMALLEST GURNARDS I HAVE EVER SEEN. ONE OF WHICH WAS SO SMALL I PUT IT IN A GOLDFISH NET :D :lol: :lol: :lol: AFTER A WHILE THE FISHING DID PICK UP A BIT AND A FEW DECENT WRASSE LING AND PLAICE WERE CAUGHT. FOR THE LAST COUPLE OF HOURS WE FISHED IN AND AROUND THE SKERRIES. FISHING WASNT BAD WITH EVERYONE LANDING POLLOCK NOTHING REALLY BIG BUT ENOUGH TO KEEP THE LADS HAPPY.

VERDICT: AS I SAID ON OUR LAST TRIP WE HAD A GREAT DAY, PAUL IS A GOOD SKIPPER AND TRYS HIS BEST BUT UNFORTIONLY PORTRSH IS ALWAYS WEATHER PREMITTING AND PLAN B ISNT THAT GREAT. ON ITS DAYS THOUGH AND WITH THE RIGHT CONDITIONS CAN BE A GOOD ENOUGH WEE VENUE. AH WELL THERES ALWAYS NEXT TIME :lol: :lol: DOWNINGS AGAIN ON THE 21ST LOOKING FORWARD TO IT ALREADY.
SKULL HOLDING SMALL GURNARD.jpg
SKULL HOLDING SMALL GURNARD.jpg (6.52 KiB) Viewed 807 times

SKULLS PLAICE.jpg
SKULLS PLAICE.jpg (6.57 KiB) Viewed 809 times
Attachments
SKULL HOLDING SMALL GURNARD.jpg
SKULL HOLDING SMALL GURNARD.jpg (6.52 KiB) Viewed 811 times
HUNGRAY FISHERMEN.jpg
HUNGRAY FISHERMEN.jpg (8.27 KiB) Viewed 810 times
MARINER SEA ANGLING CLUB
dan belfast
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 7 times

Re: LADY KAREN PORTRUSH 7/8/11

Postby weedave » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:00 am

Pity you didnt get to the sub mate. but good craic had i am sure.

i know Skull and paul the skipper, great lads and mighty craic to be had with them boys. maybe out paths will cross seeing we fish with in similar circles. i've had to pull out of two trip with paul recently and after hearing about the spur dog bonanza on your last trip i'm dyin to get out.

dave
weedave
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 48 times

Postby polmac » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:09 am

Was out with Paul last thur night on a conger trip. we didnt get any but we had good craic none the less. Pauls good craic and we will def be back with him again.

mind you the wind would need to be alot less than it was, had the hairyest trip in round the head into the harbour, he called us pussys!! lol im not a fan of 6ft waves!!!! :lol:
2011 species (16) - Flounder, Coalies, Pollock, sand eel, Wrasse, Sea Trout, dogfish, thornback ray, Whiting, Red Gurnard, Codling, Grey gurnard, pouting, Mackeral, Turbot, Plaice

targets for 2011 - Bass, sea trout and big cod! - Scratch one! Sea Trout Down!
polmac
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 5 times

Postby weedave » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:19 pm

polmac wrote:Was out with Paul last thur night on a conger trip. we didnt get any but we had good craic none the less. Pauls good craic and we will def be back with him again.

mind you the wind would need to be alot less than it was, had the hairyest trip in round the head into the harbour, he called us pussys!! lol im not a fan of 6ft waves!!!! :lol:

uck sur it was only six foot!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
weedave
SAI Sea Dog!

Postby dan belfast » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:14 pm

yes there not not bad fellas but a wee tendacy to spoof a bit :roll: :roll: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
MARINER SEA ANGLING CLUB
dan belfast
SAI Bait Ball

Postby polmac » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:48 pm

spoof. i lie not to you lol it was fecking hairy stuff, one experience i dont want to go through again :lol:
2011 species (16) - Flounder, Coalies, Pollock, sand eel, Wrasse, Sea Trout, dogfish, thornback ray, Whiting, Red Gurnard, Codling, Grey gurnard, pouting, Mackeral, Turbot, Plaice

targets for 2011 - Bass, sea trout and big cod! - Scratch one! Sea Trout Down!
polmac
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 5 times

Postby dan belfast » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:25 am

Meant paul and skull. I call them the portrush fishing and spoof society lol not the worst fellas in the world
MARINER SEA ANGLING CLUB

For this message the author dan belfast has received thanks:
polmac (Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:24 pm)
dan belfast
SAI Bait Ball

Postby weedave » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:08 pm

dan belfast wrote:Meant paul and skull. I call them the portrush fishing and spoof society lol not the worst fellas in the world

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
weedave
SAI Sea Dog!

Postby Al and Jordan » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:46 am

mabey not the biggest fish to be had man, but at least you all got something in the end :P . gotta love all the banter you lads have when your club is out :lol: :lol: :lol: . everyone gets a good ripping, but it's all in good craic and the lads have very thick skin which helps :lol: :lol: :lol: . can't wait for the downings trip next sunday :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: . jordan has already sorted out his boat rods and rigs and it's over a week away !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Al and Jordan
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 415 times

Return to Archived Boat Angling Reports