FIRST REPORT FROM THE NEW BOAT PROJECT.

Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:12 pm

People myself and herself.

[b]Duration fishing.. 4 hours project 1 year.

[b]Tide coming

[b]Weather perfect calm.

[b]Bait feathers.

[b]Rigs feathers.

[b]Results great pollack about x 20+ and small gurnard x 5.
[b]Report
:
THIS IS A BIT OF A MIXED REPORT. :) . I GOT MY HANDS ON A OLD RUINED 18FT CURRAGH LAST YEAR. WITH 4 LAYERS OF CANVASE AND THAT MUCH TAR IT HAD SOAKED THROUGH THE BOARDS. :( . IT WAS MENT TO BE A EASY PROJECT BUT WHEN I GOT STARTED IT TURNED INTO A MASSIVE ONE. I STARTED WITH REMOVING THE CANVASE AND SCRAPING THE TAR OFF THE BOARDS AFTER MONTHS, EVERY EVENING FOR 2 TO 4 HOURS A EVENING I GOT THE BOARDS BACK TO ORANIGNAL COLOUR AND TAR FREE . IT HAS TO BE THAT CLEAN FOR THE FIBER GLASS TO TAKE. IT TOOK SO LONG BECAUSE OF THE COPPER NAIL HEADS AND SANDING AROUND EACH ONE. :roll: . THATS THE DARK DOTS ON THE PICS. NEXT STEP WAS THE INSIDE THE CURRAGH WAS SO HEAVY TARED IT WAS COMING OFF ON EVERYTHING. SO A FEW MORE MONTHS AT THAT AND I GOT THAT DONE. I TAUGHT IT WOULD NEVER END. I SENT IT TO A BOAT BUILDER WHO FIBER GLASSED IT FOR ME. AND A EXCELENT JOB HE DID TOO. AND WITH SOME FINAL BITS LIKE FILLER IN THE DENTS ON THE GUNNELL AND SOME PAINT IT WAS FINISHED. SO THE BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY WE BROUGHT IT FOR A SPIN. IT WAS LIKE A LAKE ON THE SEA AND WE STEAMED OUT FOR ABOUT 20 MIN TO A MARK I KNOW AND THE CRACK STARTED WE WERE PULLING IN POLLACK 2 AND 3 AT A TIME THE BEST WAS 7LB POLLACK THE SMALLEST WAS 3LB POLLACK. SO A GREAT FIRST TRIP OUT. :mrgreen: .AND CANT WAIT TO BRING IT OUT AGAIN. :D .THERE IS A GREAT FEELING WHEN YOU PUT SO MUCH TIME AND EFFORT INTO SOMETHING AND YOU GET A RESULT LIKE THIS. HOPE YOU LIKED THE REPORT AND IM HOPING TO PUT UP MANY MORE IN THE NEW VESSEL. TIGHT LINES. REGARDS DAN. :) .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: FIRST REPORT FROM THE NEW BOAT PROJECT.

Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:16 pm

A FEW MORE PICS.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:30 pm

Cracking photos Dan....
A hell of a lot of work gone into the finished result - well done and tight lines

Mick

Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:16 pm

Well done great achievment I bet, and what a way to christen it with a heap of fish 8) 8)

Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:13 pm

thanks mick it took a bi of time but worth every minute. :) .
Mick001 wrote:Cracking photos Dan....
A hell of a lot of work gone into the finished result - well done and tight lines

Mick

hi southaussie thanks for the reply its was the iceing on the cake to beat the blank on its first trip out. :) .
southaussie wrote:Well done great achievment I bet, and what a way to christen it with a heap of fish 8) 8)

Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:55 pm

Thats a great restoration job Dan,fantastic looking boat 8)nice to christen your maiden voyage with a few decent fish 8) well done :wink:

by the way your (caps lock button) is on :lol: :lol:

Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:15 am

A real labour of love and then some - I raise my hairpiece to you :D Well wear, and thanx for the enjoyable report

Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:23 pm

best a luck with her dan,,,alot of hours gone into her,but worth it,,and some nice fish ta break her in,,,lookin good,!!

Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:39 pm

Cheers polaris. the fish made the day, and it was worth sticking at it. :) thanks for the reply Hugo im itchin to get out again roll on the next calm few days. :) thanks John1 it tuck a while but it was worth it. im now lookin around to get my hands on another boat project... i must be mad. :D :lol: :D.WHAT CAP LOCK BUTTON :oops: ? :wink:. :D .
JOHN1 wrote:Thats a great restoration job Dan,fantastic looking boat 8)nice to christen your maiden voyage with a few decent fish 8) well done :wink:

by the way your (caps lock button) is on :lol: :lol:
Hugo wrote:A real labour of love and then some - I raise my hairpiece to you :D Well wear, and thanx for the enjoyable report
polaris wrote:best a luck with her dan,,,alot of hours gone into her,but worth it,,and some nice fish ta break her in,,,lookin good,!!

Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:02 am

Cracking Restoration Job,, Enjoy it