Dublin boat marks (IMELDA) specimen smooth-hound

Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:20 pm

People: Harry and I

Duration:12.30 - 6pm

Tide:loads of it

Weather:confusing

Bait: rag mack launce crab

Rigs:various

Results: 13 species.Hound,LSD,whiting,cod,ballan wrasse,goldsinny wrasse,tub gurnard,launce,mackerel poorcod,pouting,dab,Dragonets

Report:headed out for a short 5ish hour session today, started off fairly slow with a few minis, moved on to a mark i have for hounds winds were all over the place making thing a little difficult :roll:we gota few dogs and a nice tub gurnard,then my rod baited with crab took off like a train, i said to harry hound on he got my second rod out of the way as this fish was going balistic 8) it took a couple of good runs before coming to the net nice specimen that measured 101cm and hit 7lb when i brough it to an island to weigh and afterwards swam away happily ever after 8) :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Dublin boat marks (IMELDA) specimen smooth-hound

Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:42 pm

G'man John! Lovely fish!
You are racking up good species each trip... you'll have to come to Cork for the small boats festival soon :)

Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:27 am

Well done John great result and a cracking hound to boot,,hope to get out Sunday weather permitting I might see you on the water;-)

Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:24 am

your gps looks like it might be on the blink :lol: 8)

Dublin boat marks (IMELDA) specimen smooth-hound

Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:19 am

Nice fish John well done. Seems to be bigger males around at the moment.

Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:47 pm

JimC wrote:G'man John! Lovely fish!
You are racking up good species each trip... you'll have to come to Cork for the small boats festival soon :)
Thanks jim, small boats in cork :idea: hold one in dublin and i will go :lol: :lol:
phildublin wrote:Well done John great result and a cracking hound to boot,,hope to get out Sunday weather permitting I might see you on the water;-)
Thanks phil just back in from another washing machine experiance today :twisted: , i cant go tomorrow as son has another JC gig 8) :wink:
liamemac wrote:your gps looks like it might be on the blink :lol: 8)
gps is fine but the plotter got a facelift :wink: :lol: :lol:
dfella25 wrote:Nice fish John well done. Seems to be bigger males around at the moment.
Thanks conor,they seem to be getting scarce this was the only one i got on this trip, normally id get a few here :?

Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:04 pm

Nice one John. 8)

Is that one for the Specimen awards? Is there much of a session up at that ? :)

Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:06 pm

nice hound john ,your sure getting plenty of species out there 8) 8) we are going out
tommorow, hope them winds will be kind to us :) i think you know were we will be .

Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:20 pm

Well done John and Harry, 13 species is fantastic ,,and thats a fine hound :wink:

Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:42 pm

NICE FISH JOHN.

Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:18 am

congrats John, good size for a male hound 8)

Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:34 am

Danny M. wrote:Nice one John. 8)

Is that one for the Specimen awards? Is there much of a session up at that ? :)

Thanks Danny,for the few specimens i have claimed i have never been at the awards for one reason or another :oops: you never know i might get to the next one :wink:
mitch wrote:nice hound john ,your sure getting plenty of species out there 8) 8) we are going out
tommorow, hope them winds will be kind to us :) i think you know were we will be .
Thanks Gerry, i know exactly where you will be :wink: i hope the winds are kind to you too.the species thing is getting addictive, i have to beat 15 on my own :shock:it,s not a boat thing now it's personal :? :lol: :lol: tight lines :wink:

Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:38 pm

Smashing hound john another great days fishing :D

Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:06 pm

eyesreilly wrote:Well done John and Harry, 13 species is fantastic ,,and thats a fine hound :wink:
thanks dave yep 13 is not bad but could be better :wink:
The Austrian wrote:congrats John, good size for a male hound 8)
thanks martin it sure as hell fought like a good male :mrgreen:
Trojan wrote:Smashing hound john another great days fishing :D
thanks robbie, any days fishing is a great day 8)

Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:17 pm

Congratulations John on getting your specimen, that's a beauty of a hound. Well done Harry also. A great mix of species, great results. Well done lads.

Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:59 pm

KERRY1 wrote:Congratulations John on getting your specimen, that's a beauty of a hound. Well done Harry also. A great mix of species, great results. Well done lads.
thanks paula :wink:

Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:17 pm

7lb are you sure your scales are working right :?: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
nice one john i didnt know 7lb was a speceimen i thought it was ten thats grand i,ve had 5 or 6 that size where did you get it you can text me :wink: p.s only text me if i can cast to the mark :lol:

Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:29 pm

roger de dodger wrote:7lb are you sure your scales are working right :?: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
nice one john i didnt know 7lb was a speceimen i thought it was ten thats grand i,ve had 5 or 6 that size where did you get it you can text me :wink: p.s only text me if i can cast to the mark :lol:

working perfect and certafied :wink: 7lb for a specimen :shock: your wrong roger it's been reduced to 6.6lbs 3.0kg :wink: you can cast to the mark i normally just use my conoflex vampire mk.II uptider,no need for a beachcaster, a 50 yard lob from the boat about 5 miles offshore should put you on the mark :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:08 pm

JOHN1 wrote:
roger de dodger wrote:7lb are you sure your scales are working right :?: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

working perfect and certafied :wink: 7lb for a specimen :shock: your wrong roger it's been reduced to 6.6lbs 3.0kg :wink: you can cast to the mark i normally just use my conoflex vampire mk.II uptider,no need for a beachcaster, a 50 yard lob from the boat about 5 miles offshore should put you on the mark :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mmmmmm... 5 miles.....that narrows it down :) Lovely hound John, well done.

Ken.

Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:44 pm

JOHN1 wrote:

looks like gordy and his yak ar getting a 5 oz gripper and line to paddle with :lol: