People:me and 10 others

Duration:10am to 1pm

Tide:

Weather:windy but not too bad

Bait:fresh mack

Rigs:feathers

Results:codling, pollock, gurnard, doggy and loads and loads of mack

Report:
went out on sunday with a few local lads from our bar, only 3 of us had ever been on a boat fishing so i was expecting a good days craic.

3 boats out that day including ours, all full of people which is great to see for the local charters that they are doing well.

straight away we were into mackeral, coming in 3 at a time. it was good craic esp for the newbies who were loving the craic at it. we ended up filling a box of mackeral on its own. we did get a dog, 2 gurnard, 3 codling and one pollock as well to boot. i had mack all day which was good as i filled a carrier back of them and they are all now in my freezer for eating and for bait for the winter!

roll on thurs night as im out again for the conger fishing!!

Re: The Brothers, Portrush 30th June 2011

Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:00 pm

my original plan was to have my 2nd annual week long trip to portrush to fish this week, getting out on a mackerel trip every other day and night long conger sessions.

instead im stuck in the house with a broken leg :evil: :evil: :evil:

make sure you get a good one for me on thrusday night, it looks like you are gonna be having a nice calm week so hopefully there will be plenty moving about

Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:53 am

yngkmd wrote:my original plan was to have my 2nd annual week long trip to portrush to fish this week, getting out on a mackerel trip every other day and night long conger sessions.

instead im stuck in the house with a broken leg :evil: :evil: :evil:

make sure you get a good one for me on thrusday night, it looks like you are gonna be having a nice calm week so hopefully there will be plenty moving about

pity about your leg man, it must be torture being stuck in the house!

Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:55 am

just a few pics i took of what we got.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:25 am

plenty there to keep you busy man :P 8)

Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:22 pm

def was :D

i have bags of them in the freezer now. im well stocked for the winter ahead and the bbq! :P