Weather:
off da hook

Crew:tony & sue tait & me

Duration:all day

Tide:strange tides

Weather:sunny but cool

Bait:everything

Rigs:flowing traces, flappers

Results: 17 species flounder,dragonet,tub gurnard,rock cook wrasse,goldsinny wrasse,3 beard rockling, grey gurnard ,cod,pollock,mac,lsd,poorcod,pouting ,ballan wrasse,plaice ,dab.cuckoo wrasse
good days fishing in kilmore more wrasse than i can remember we had to try a few marks for the rosslare comp in september myself and tony hatched a plan for the day with a few more days to follow in the next few weeks we started early i had the boat in the water for 7 am tony arrived around 7.30 after a slight detour he rang me around 640 he was in waterford and left the bait at home . i made a call to joe in southeastbaitsupplies he met tony on the rosslare road with rag and lug all bait in top class condition anyone looking for bait to fish have a look at his website decent price to well done joe .after the late start we tryed for macs first few drifts we picked up a few i picked up a a tub gurnard sue picked up another tony had a small dragonet and a few grey gurnards bait sorted we moved on to a reef were we picked up rock cook and ballan wrasse short move we were all into goldsinny all in size we had a great run of wrasse 2 a time hard thumping fight i then got a nice thump up comes a decent 3 beard rockling . we moved again short distance were we hit codling to 5 lb in good numbers along with pouting and poorcod and wrasse few lsd change of plan then we hit sandy patch plenty of dabs in size short move again were we picked up flounder decent ones and plaice we met into aftershock joe and brillo hada few words thanks for the cable ties we fished on till 8 pm great day on the water good craig with tony and sue everyone had there fair share of species i have missed some of the report brain half fryed with the sun we had a hell of a day on ballan wrasse all colours and sizes we did have the coast guard heli over us today twice ::think: did wonder if screeming was on duty we did get a few waves from one of the crew when he opened the door to take a few pics nice to see them around
Bait:

Rigs:

Results:

Report:
Attachments
php86qKjTPM.jpg
php86qKjTPM.jpg (87.44 KiB) Viewed 697 times
php5wA4dEPM.jpg
php5wA4dEPM.jpg (86.44 KiB) Viewed 697 times
phpPRreDsPM.jpg
phpPRreDsPM.jpg (65.6 KiB) Viewed 696 times
phpkjou7IPM.jpg
phpkjou7IPM.jpg (57.25 KiB) Viewed 698 times
Last edited by steyrman on Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steyrman
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 10 times

Re: kilmore take me down to ballan wrasse city

Postby twinkle » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:01 am

we did have the coast guard heli over us today twice ::think: did wonder if screeming was on duty we did get a few waves from one of the crew when he opened the door to take a few pics nice to see them around :lol: i would think all your marks have been compromised .and you have to find new ones quick :lol: god this competition bussiness is fierce, competiters taken to the sky to spy on other competiters. :lol: he will try them marks to see are they any better than the hundreds he already has .well done on the fishing a super day to be on the sea
twinkle
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 161 times

Postby MAC » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:35 pm

Excellent Day out Willie. Well done lad
><º> ><º>

><º>
MAC
SAC Treasurer

Have thanks: 178 times

Postby howthhead » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:39 am

Sometimes they take photos if people on board are not wearing life jackets !
howthhead

Postby screeming reels » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:46 pm

Hi,
I can assure we do not take pictures regarding lifejackets! not our job, just make sure you have one on if you need us !! :roll:
As regarding picking up marks, WOULD I DO THAT, hmmmmmm :twisted:
Most of the time we home onto boats using the radar and the FLIR camera for practise if we have to find small boats in poor visibilty, it just so happens i might know one or two of the occupants. Anyway, as you mentioned i have got enough marks already!
regards
screeming
Attachments
off%20da%20hook.JPG
off%20da%20hook.JPG (242.27 KiB) Viewed 397 times

For this message the author screeming reels has received thanks: 2
davybrown99 (Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:45 pm), steyrman (Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:58 pm)
screeming reels
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 82 times

Postby steyrman » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:02 pm

when the side door opened i was thinking nev would be winched down :lol: :lol: i think a camo wrap on the boat and go into stealth mode is in order :twisted: :twisted: nice to see the heli around

For this message the author steyrman has received thanks:
bigsod (Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:32 am)
steyrman
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 10 times

Return to Archived Boat Angling Reports