Dublin Boat Marks (IMELDA) PB species. 10/7/11

Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:58 pm

People: me all by myself

Duration:10 am to 4.45pm

Tide:ebb/flood

Weather:mixed

Bait:crab mack launce rag

Rigs:various sorts

Results:goldsinny wrasse, ballan wrasse,launce,LSD, dab,grey gurnard,tub gurnard,mackerel, Greyhounds,thornback ray,pollack,codling,coalie,whiting,and corkwing wrasse. 15 species 8)

Report: with the good break in the weather i decided to head out on sunday for a crack at a few species. Harry and myself had 12 in the boat last week which was the best count ever in my boat so i had some targets in sight :mrgreen:
i gave harry a ring night before to make plans, sunday morning he wasnt feeling up to it after our trip on saturday in greystones :?
so off i went boat in tow and launched for 9.45 fishing for 10 first drop goldsinny next a ballan happy days.
next stop my reliable launce mark couple of drops i had 10 in the boat some nice fresh bait for ray.
so off i went to anchor up for low water slack tried one spot had lots of dogs a lone dab and a grey gurnard time to move.
anchored at one of my haunts and along comes a nice tub next up come a couple of fresh macks more bait 8) had a couple of crab baits out and got a greyhound about 3lb had to ring harry at this stage to tell him the good news that i was at 9 species already :lol: :lol:
next thing the second rod arches over to a good bite nice bit of weight up comes a dog and thornback double, then first rod takes off producing another greyhound, then i think to myself things are looking good :mrgreen: down again with crab and nice bite develops fish on another hound at 6lb 8) time to move again as i only had to catch 2 more species to break the PB :D so over a reef the rag are sent over the side polack takes a fancy to one straight away,then a couple more ballans. another move bit deeper nice cod about 2lb then one at 1.5lb more phone calls to harry record equaled 12 species :lol: :lol: another drift coalie in i recount and realise i still have no whiting :shock: so off i go in search and pray i can catch on and guess what i did :D so back to my earlier goldsinny mark looking for some thing a little different, nice rattle another ballen down again and hammered by a very welcome corkwing to make this 15 species to one man in Dublin in less than seven hours 8) 8) a very enjoyable day to say the least :wink:

i will have to try harder the next time :shock: :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Dublin Boat Marks (IMELDA) PB species. 10/7/11

Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:01 pm

That's a great achievement in one session for the East Coast well done.
Just shows what can be done when you know what your doing. :D

Yappo

Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:49 pm

Well done I think i will have to try and be lucky to get 15 species from the shore, in a year :oops: some nice fish in the photos 8) 8)

Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:07 pm

good man john it can happen with a good plan of action

Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:34 pm

Well done on 15 species in one day from Dublin

Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:41 pm

super stuff John, congrats on the 15 species 8) , was out Monday in Galway Bay and we hauled in 14 between us.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:26 pm

yappo wrote:That's a great achievement in one session for the East Coast well done.
Just shows what can be done when you know what your doing. :D

Yappo
thanks pat, know what im doing dont know about that :?

steyrman wrote:good man john it can happen with a good plan of action
you know i think your right there willie :wink:

Tony Fella wrote:Well done on 15 species in one day from Dublin
thanks tony :wink:

The Austrian wrote:super stuff John, congrats on the 15 species 8) , was out Monday in Galway Bay and we hauled in 14 between us.
thanks martin 14 is also very good results 8) :wink:

Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:29 pm

southaussie wrote:Well done I think i will have to try and be lucky to get 15 species from the shore, in a year :oops: some nice fish in the photos 8) 8)
thanks, all you can do to improve things is get out and fish :wink:

Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:01 pm

That's some fishing!! Well done. You obviously know your marks well.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:38 pm

super days fishing john well done on the pb .i find i like to try things when im on my own.your not having to justify moving about to others on board.thats a great record though, you will just have to keep trying to break it :lol:

Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:04 am

15 in one session that a good days work

well done

Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:20 pm

Great session John,

Beats the previous session on Greystonee, but in saying that you still managed a few hounds 8)

Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:21 pm

Great session John,

Beats the previous session on Greystones, but in saying that you still managed a few hounds 8)

Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:24 pm

Sorry didn't mean to repeat myself :mrgreen:
The Icon to remove my posts isn't there, so if mods are reading can you remove two of the above posts please? Preferebly the one with the spelling mistake of Greystones :lol:

Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:01 pm

Stan wrote:That's some fishing!! Well done. You obviously know your marks well.

Thanks stan, im still searching for marks :?
twinkle wrote:super days fishing john well done on the pb .i find i like to try things when im on my own.your not having to justify moving about to others on board.thats a great record though, you will just have to keep trying to break it :lol:

Thanks derek, your bang on if you have somebody out it's a different approach alltogether :roll:i might be out on my own more often
chenz116 wrote:15 in one session that a good days work

well done
thanks chenz :wink:
Al wrote:Great session John,

Beats the previous session on Greystones, but in saying that you still managed a few hounds 8)
Thanks Al, the hounds are great crack esp if you get a half decent one 8)

Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:58 pm

Always great to hear of good reports off Dublin. Well done mate. That last hound looks nice and chunky alright.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:51 pm

great result john, just goes to show it can be very good out there

Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:07 pm

Jayball10 wrote:Always great to hear of good reports off Dublin. Well done mate. That last hound looks nice and chunky alright.
Thanks jay, yes that hound was touching 6lb :wink:
dbrock wrote:great result john, just goes to show it can be very good out there
Thanks Denis, yep there is plenty of scope up our way, even more species to be had in
fintasticaquatics in Dunlaoghaire if things get bad :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:46 pm

Well done John great fishing.

Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:18 pm

thats some angling john fair play to ya 8)