BONITO DOWNINGS CO DONEGAL 19TH JUNE

OLd Boat Reports are moved here for Public Viewing

BONITO DOWNINGS CO DONEGAL 19TH JUNE

Postby dan belfast » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:43 pm

Venue: downings
Boat: bonito skipper Trevor Ryder
Weather: terrible
Rigs: everything
People: me and 7 members of mariners sea angling club plus AL and Jordan as 2 guests
Results: mackerel,pollock,coalie,ling,pouting,gurnard and cod

Time for another club trip this time to Downings on board the bonito skippered by Trevor Ryder. With 8 members booked and 2 places available AL and Jordan tagged along. We left port around 9.30am and headed out for some fresh mackerel these found to be tricky enough :? :? So Trevor said we would hit them OK around a mile of the wreck. This was the case and soon filled up what we needed for a days fishing on the audacious ( a huge wreck 12.7 miles from downings) :d first drift produced lots of coalfish some around 5-6lb mark which were great fun on the spinning rod :d . A few more drifts and we were soon hitting nice pollock and ling. Pollock were hitting sidewinders and the ling were hitting chrome pirks baited with mackerel. This was continued for next few hours with fishing improving all day. Unfortunately the weather was terrible and we took a hell of soaking :roll: :roll: . We fished until about 5pm and made our way back to port but stopped because Trevor said there was a huge shoal of mackerel under the boat if we wanted a few for bait freezer or the table. Al and Jordan jumped at the chance and had near 100 mackerel in 10mins :d :d to get the freezer filled. All in all not a bad day fishing wise but hopefully next time weather will play ball.

Biggest fish was 10lb Pollock and ling of 9lb2oz got 2nd. Sorry no pics. Al will fill in on anything i have missed out on.
MARINER SEA ANGLING CLUB

For this message the author dan belfast has received thanks:
mickeyfish (Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:57 pm)
dan belfast
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 7 times

Re: BONITO DOWNINGS CO DONEGAL 19TH JUNE

Postby nicefish » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:40 am

100 Mackerel in ten minutes : 8) all you were missing was a 45lb Cod :shock:
The best things in life aren't things.
nicefish
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 153 times

Postby Al and Jordan » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:19 am

nicefish wrote:100 Mackerel in ten minutes : 8) all you were missing was a 45lb Cod :shock:

we just settled for 45lb of mackerel instead :lol: :lol: :lol:

good to get back out with your club again man, thanks for the invite. just a pity the forecast was so far off the mark :( :( :( . after a few of the lads had a few bad falls, it was looking touch and go as to if the skipper would keep us out there. and poor jordan got his first case of sea sickness. after 5 years of boat fishing i suppose it was gonna happen at some point. thankfully once he did a bit of groundbaiting he felt better again. just a bit green for an hour or so :lol: :lol:
still a great day out. but between torrential rain and hanging onto the gunnel for dear life i never got the camera out :shock: :lol: :lol:
Al and Jordan
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 415 times

Postby chenz116 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:54 pm

nice fishing

but TURN OFF CAPS !!!!! :roll:

ha ha ha ha
Species 2010.(2) Doggie, Cod
Species 2011.(12) Dab, Coalie, 5 Bearded Rockling, Whiting, Doggie, Pollock, Shanny/Common Blenny, Silver Eel, Mackerel, Wrasse, Sting Ray, Cod

Species 2012.(5) Sea Scorpion, Pollock, sand eel, mackerel, corkwing wrasse.

2012 Wishlist. Conger, Smooth Hound, Bass
chenz116
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 23 times

Postby Dawsey » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:50 am

Sounds like a great day well down all. Jordan finally knows how I feel after all those trips spent laughing his leg off at me :mrgreen:
Species '10 23 Species

Species '11 Coalfish, Pollock, Mackerel, Sea Trout, Flounder, Turbot, Dab, Thornback Ray, Smoothhound, Tope(pup), Tub Gurnard, LSD, Shanny, Ballen Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, Goldsinny Wrasse

Target Species :- Huss, BASS, Cucko Ray
Dawsey
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 8 times
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby immunecfg » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:25 am

Dawsey wrote:Sounds like a great day well down all. Jordan finally knows how I feel after all those trips spent laughing his leg off at me :mrgreen:

Indeed boking over the side ;) lol
Species 2011: Bass (FINALLY), Mullet, Flounder, Mackeral, Pollock, Coal fish.

-----------------------------------------------
immunecfg
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 4 times

Return to Archived Boat Angling Reports