Dublin boat marks (IMELDA)

Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:22 pm

People:2
Duration:11am to 5.30pm

Tide:ebb / flood

Weather:overcast/sunny/windy

Bait:macks rag squid launce

Rigs:various

Results:yes 12 species. macks, launce, whiting, pollack, cod, lsd's ,thornback ray, tub gurnard, grey gurnard, ling, ballan wrasse, dabs.

Report:had a look at the weather/wind forecast on friday they gave light west winds for most of the day, on the phone to harry trip arranged.
launched at 11 and headed out to my launce mark and bagged up on a about 20.
anchored up on first mark had dogs whiting dabs and grey gurnard, time to move again anchored up had more of the same results with the added bonus of a few macks and a tub gurnard to add to the list,then the winds decided to come at us from the SSE :shock: they got it wrong again :? had a very short chat with yappo and decided to make another move this mark gave up a thornback ray to harry male about 4lb or so 8)
it was very snotty at this stage so on the move again to calmer waters, had a few pollack to about 2lb very slow.
went to a mark i had ling from last week and it produced the goods with a small ling about 2lb coming aboard with some codling and ballan wrasse to make up the count of 12 species for the day 8) forgot the camera, took some pics on the phone for braggin rights if i can manage retreive them, :roll: :oops:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by JOHN1 on Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Dublin boat marks (IMELDA)

Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:53 pm

well done on getting 12 varietys john,,not easy these days,,,pics would be the iceing on the cake man

Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:05 pm

Well done John and Harry, 12 species is some tally :wink: . Great that your marks produced the expected goods :wink:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:21 pm

saving private brian wrote:well done on getting 12 varietys john,,not easy these days,,,pics would be the iceing on the cake man

working on it just after bluetoothing them to my daughters phone so she can email them to me :? :roll:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:25 pm

eyesreilly wrote:Well done John and Harry, 12 species is some tally :wink: . Great that your marks produced the expected goods :wink:

thanks dave even to this day harry cant get his head around the launce mark i have :lol: as it's so small and it nearly always produces them in numbers 8)

Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:57 pm

well done john a great day in the office :lol: we had good shelter for most of the day in howth dident get too snotty until after 3 had some good fishing just great to be able to get out :D

Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:20 pm

twinkle wrote:well done john a great day in the office :lol: we had good shelter for most of the day in howth dident get too snotty until after 3 had some good fishing just great to be able to get out :D

great to get out for sure pretty bad out there now, some pictures added also :wink:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:15 pm

well done john some nice fish there

Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:07 pm

another cracking day john well done :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:31 pm

Nice report and picks john hope there is many more for use :wink:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:59 pm

Nice couple of recent trips out john, a good haul of species.

Tried to get out the last 2 sundays on the boats from bulloch but this damn wind hasnt allowed :(

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:55 pm

i know all about it mark , you have to keep a close eye on it and be ready to go when you see an opening :wink:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:32 pm

All well and good for you guys lucky enough to have your own boat, but trying to plan a trip out with my mates on the rentals is a whole different ball game - if the weather is anyway bad in the morning they'll be sat on the highstool by lunchtime :roll:

And its near impossible to get them arranged for an early morning session :lol:

Might have a bit more luck with the weather this weekend...............time will tell :!:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:04 pm

shamoo0804 wrote:Might have a bit more luck with the weather this weekend...............time will tell :!:

looks like you might have half a chance of getting out of Bulloch on sat keeping an eye on it myself :wink:

Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:37 pm

Well done John and Harry plenty of variety.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:33 pm

Congrats on the 12 species 8) I still have to get my first boat trip for 2011 under my belt, cancellations and unsuitable weather unfortunately hampering my plans so far :(

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:07 pm

The Austrian wrote:Congrats on the 12 species 8) I still have to get my first boat trip for 2011 under my belt, cancellations and unsuitable weather unfortunately hampering my plans so far :(

Thanks martin, 12 species in a short time over this way is fairly good going in my books,we will have to try alot harder next time out :?
The weather is ruining a lot of planned trips in the last few weeks, id say the charter skippers are feeling it at this stage.