Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:24 am

People:Me,my mate and 6 others

Duration:5-9

Tide:god knows

Weather:calm and cloudy, then sunny

Bait:mackerel

Rigs:god knows

Results:18 Tope

Report:me and my father in law wer meant to go on this for his birthday present, but he woke up yesterday and just wasn't up for it. So I rang my mate to see if he wanted come along. He was mad for it, so I collected him at 3 and drove down to courtown. Was a half decent day so we wer both really looking forward to it.

We left courtown harbour at 5 and wer on the fishing ground and dropping our lines over the side before half 5. My first cast I was into a Tope, then I got tangled up on another chaps line and we both dragged it in. My hook in his mouth and his trace wrapped around it's tail. After that was in the boat and ur man claimed the fish I was thinking this was going to be a nite mare off a trip! But I re baited and let it go, knowing there wer plenty more fish in the sea.

The water was alive with Tope, we wer getting hook ups 2-3 at a time. They ranged from 15-20 to 30-40 pound. The poor skipper wasn't even getting a chance to have a smoke. It was a great few hours fishing, with everyone on the boat getting at least 3 fish each. Was 2 young girls on with us and they wer just fishing for small flats using lug worm. But us other 6 wer just hooking into Tope after Tope. There wer easily 15 lost with snapped line and I even had a hook straightened. Was a great day out with the boat having the best haul it's ever had.

Would just like to thank Billy the skipper for a great day out. Was 35euro for the 4 hours fishing with tackle and bait supplied. Was great value and I deff will be going again soon.

Pics to follow when I can be bothered going on my pc and not being on the iPad.

Re: Brazen hussy courtown Sunday 5th

Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:49 pm

8) sounds rather like a trip of a lifetime to me, looking forward to the pics!

Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:49 pm

super result for 4 hrs fishing well done :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:13 pm

Great trip Mark, sick now our trip was cancelled on sat :cry:

Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:08 pm

Only took like 3 pics each off me and my mates 1st fish, then i was just to busy fighting and losing fish to worry about anymore pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:14 pm

bigsod wrote:Great trip Mark, sick now our trip was cancelled on sat :cry:

im gutted for u shane, my trip on the sat was cancelled to, but i got on the sunday one which was just amazing. a once in a life time 4 hour trip me thinks. only fishing for 3 of them hours to!

Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:23 pm

Thats some haul lads. If we get a quater of that on sat we will be chuffed.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:32 pm

finding nemo wrote:Thats some haul lads. If we get a quater of that on sat we will be chuffed.

How did you get on?

I was on the puffin on the 25th, I had a few decent hounds and a codling about a pound. There was only 4 of us on it. But it was still a good trip.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:39 am

Sounds like a great day out. Some nice tope there. Pitty about the straightened hook. Could have been a real beast. 35 quid for the trip sounds like a real bargain alright.