Postby Stan » Sat May 21, 2011 2:48 pm

People: 7

Duration:4 hours

Tide:Rising

Weather:Windy and cold

Bait:Mackerel & squid

Rigs: Flowing tope traces

Results: 1 tope landed and 4 lost ( line broken), lots of dogs

Report: Went out with some lads for an evening session. The boat is an Offshore 105 and is very in lovely condition. We used our own gear. The price was excellent at €35 including bait. Hard to beat that for value.

Tope were about. Several had a made swipe at various baits but dropped them. 5 were hooked but due to traces or line snapping 4 were lost. They were probably all big fish. The one tope that was landed was a male of exactly 30lb. After pics were taken and he was tagged he was released to fight another day. :D

Doggies were very abundant.

Thanks to Billy, the skipper, for a most enjoyable evening. I will definitely be back for more. :D :mrgreen:

Some slightly bad news is that the banks S of Courtown down near Cahore were heavily dredged by the Wexford mussel boats and no doubt this will effect the fishing there for a while. :evil: :evil: :evil:

I remember these boats constantly dredging Greystones and taking all the mussel out of it.....around the same time the great codling and plaice angling was destroyed!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Stan
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 277 times

Re: Brazen Hussey, Courtown, 19th May

Postby henrykelly10 » Sat May 21, 2011 8:48 pm

billy was telling me about the mussel boat dredging the mussel beds up,i forgot to asked him will this effect the beach fishing in and around courtown,if so how long,thanks jimC,
henrykelly10
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 58 times

Re: Brazen Hussey, Courtown, 19th May

Postby twinkle » Sun May 22, 2011 11:04 pm

i know when they dredge along clone\kilgorman you cant fish at all. the amount of mussel caught around your line usually makes it impossible to retrive your line.
twinkle
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 161 times

Return to Archived Boat Angling Reports