edelboy howth 23rd april

OLd Boat Reports are moved here for Public Viewing

edelboy howth 23rd april

Postby twinkle » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:38 pm

relaunched the boat yesterday got her in the water and no power :( had alook at the terminals and they had corroded badly. so clamped them with a vicegrips and up she started happy days, until i tried for reverse there was a grinding noise like the cable wasent pushing her completely in to gear so no fishing got her on to the mooring and had a fresh look today .
got new terminals and fitted them i wasent about to let a super day and tide pass me by again so as i was the only boat on the mooring just swung the boat around and headed out of howth harbour ,first stop back of irelands eye fished on the drift which was very slack for about 2 hours had a few whiting [goldfish size] we then switched to the nose of howth and again slow drift towards the bailey a few bites but no takers .but the feeling of been back out on the water the sun beating down and the 4 hrs of total peace and solice was the tonic this guy needed will try again monday armed to the teeth with fresh bait :wink:
twinkle
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 161 times

Re: edelboy howth 23rd april

Postby twinkle » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:35 pm

went out again this afternoon .there was quiet a big swell the minute we left the harbour. headed down to the nose and turned back was not comfortable at all. over to the stack and it was just as bad but we did a few drifts and seen the other two guys turn green i went to the front of the island which was sheltered fished up and down for 3 hrs no bites but another day of peace..............ye cant beat it :lol:
twinkle
SAI Megalodon!

Postby JimC » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:39 pm

Hate to rub it in Derek but I was out today again. Tiring day! flaking big pollack, cod and alright ling onto to the boat all day long. Was like a dog that none of the pollack reached over 10lbs. Other than that it was peaceful too :D :D :D
JimC

Have thanks: 922 times

Postby donal domeney » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:54 pm

JimC wrote:Hate to rub it in Derek but I was out today again. Tiring day! flaking big pollack, cod and alright ling onto to the boat all day long. Was like a dog that none of the pollack reached over 10lbs. Other than that it was peaceful too :D :D :D

You'd want to try it with a major hangover. I couldn't get a minutes rest gave up a one stage and kept the rods out of the water just to get a bit of peace and quiet :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If I don't see another 5lb cod for the rest of the year I won't be one bit up set :P :P :P :P
Boat species '15 (31) Shore species (21) Total species 40 Specimen: (B) Bluemouth .92kg,(B) Spotted ray 6lb,(S) Painted ray 12.4lb
Boat species '16 (30) Shore species (17) Total species 36
Boat species '17 (35) Shore species (22) Total species 37 Specimen: (B) Bluemouth, (S) Flounder
donal domeney
Head of International Security and Bringer of World Peace

Have thanks: 1248 times

Postby JimC » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:02 pm

donal domeney wrote:
JimC wrote:Hate to rub it in Derek but I was out today again. Tiring day! flaking big pollack, cod and alright ling onto to the boat all day long. Was like a dog that none of the pollack reached over 10lbs. Other than that it was peaceful too :D :D :D

You'd want to try it with a major hangover. I couldn't get a minutes rest gave up a one stage and kept the rods out of the water just to get a bit of peace and quiet :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If I don't see another 5lb cod for the rest of the year I won't be one bit up set :P :P :P :P

just to get a bit of peace and quiet

Well at least it was peaceful then :D :D :D
JimC

Have thanks: 922 times

Postby yappo » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:06 am

Never mind those Cork boys showing off about cod fishing wait until the smoothies, tope and huss start for us and we can get our own back. :D :D
Was out myself sat, sun and monday used a tanker load of petrol for very little return except 2 additions to the species tally launce and grey gurnard. But as you rightly say it's great to get out on the water for a relaxing day. :D :D

Yappo
Sunny SouthWest
yappo
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 70 times

Postby donal domeney » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:49 am

yappo wrote:Never mind those Cork boys showing off about cod fishing wait until the smoothies, tope and huss start for us and we can get our own back. :D :D
Was out myself sat, sun and monday used a tanker load of petrol for very little return except 2 additions to the species tally launce and grey gurnard. But as you rightly say it's great to get out on the water for a relaxing day. :D :D

Yappo

Tope and chips just don't sound right : :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll give ye that they are good fighting fish. :)

If the "BASS GODS" down this way had a 6 or7 lb smooothie or a 20lb+ tope on a line the would soon figure it out that bass fishing is boring.
Boy racers in Honda Civics :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Boat species '15 (31) Shore species (21) Total species 40 Specimen: (B) Bluemouth .92kg,(B) Spotted ray 6lb,(S) Painted ray 12.4lb
Boat species '16 (30) Shore species (17) Total species 36
Boat species '17 (35) Shore species (22) Total species 37 Specimen: (B) Bluemouth, (S) Flounder
donal domeney
Head of International Security and Bringer of World Peace

Have thanks: 1248 times

Postby twinkle » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:09 pm

oh you bad men :mrgreen: iwas very happy with the 4 hrs of peace and quiet and then you mention the c word :mrgreen: i will have to by pass kilmore and hit cork harbour see you soon :lol:
twinkle
SAI Megalodon!

Postby MAC » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:19 pm

Sounds like a cracker. The 10lber will come soon enough hopefully.
><º> ><º>

><º>
MAC
SAC Treasurer

Have thanks: 178 times

Return to Archived Boat Angling Reports