Kilmore Quay 21/04/2011

Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:03 am

People:Myself and 6 others

Duration:9.30am-15.30pm

Tide:HW 9 am

Weather:Sunny with a SE breeze

Bait:Mac,squid,lug,rag,mussel

Rigs:Mainly paternosters and flowing traces

Results:Codling,ballan and cuckoo wrasse,pollock,coalie,ling,pouting, poor cod, lsd and yes of course....1 dab

Report:
Out of kilmore about 9.30 with the ever dependable Eamon Hayes. No mac to be found, some of the other boats got 3 or 4 we were told so with the sea breeze and the tide dropping we headed out near carnsore to try get a drift going which proved difficult at times with the wind counteracting the current, but Eamon nonetheless kept plugging away trying different spots with the constant mantra (which is now firmly stuck in my head :lol: ) Come on cod !!! We all got into a few fish, nothing hectic, I reckon everybody got over ten anyway, Plenty of ballan and a few codling making up most of the fish taken on board. Had the finest of fresh cod for the good friday dinner :lol: and will definitely be returning again in the near future

Re: Kilmore Quay 21/04/2011

Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:56 am

well done on what sounds like a great day out any size on the codling?

Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:37 pm

didnt weigh or measure any but the two fish we had for dinner gave fillets that hung over the edges of the dinner plates :D i would give an estimate at 4 lbs +. Nothing gigantic but strong enough to stop you winding on the way i and have to lift a bit. Very enjoyable altogether :wink:

Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:21 am

dinner size :D there the ones i like :lol: have to get the crew together and hit kilmore real soon