Postby andy k 85 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:35 pm

People: Me penfold and the gang

Duration:9:30 to 3:30

Tide: turned at 2

Weather:nice and sunny but a bit chilly

Bait:mack lug and rag

Rigs:all sorts

Results:plenty of cod 2 ling coalies and an octopus

Report:up at 7 got a bit of breaky nd was on the road bout 8:15 cracking morning. landed in kilmore bout 9 loaded up the boat and set sail with captain bates. Wasnt long till we stopped of at the first mark, a quick demo to the girls and away they went, the girls were fishing and we were busy baiting them up and unhooking the coalies they got on the first drop, then the banter started the girls were whipping the boys with the fish count mind you there was four of them and two of us even my 12 yr old niece shannon was givin me stick.
we eventually got going fishing was a bit slow with a few cod on the move nuting major but nice to see. i eventually got what i came for, a nice ling on the mickey rig with a strip of mack, penfold was having fun with his new rod coalie bashing, paul bates eventually joined in to even up the numbers with a nice few cod

Then it started, the girlfriend who started off well with a good few fish ended up head over the side having a good look at what she had for breakfast but fair dues to her she didnt give up and fished on for the day.we were all having a good day enjoying the weather and having the crack but the fishing wasnt the best a slow day but enjoyable never the less. the misses land a cracking cod and then a nice ling but the day went to shaz who landed the most fish mostly cod and decent ones at that. we all had a great day and are planning the next trip. thanks to paul bates for trying his best to find the fish and thanks to all for the tips and help. sorry for being late with the report and ill up load some pics later
andy k 85
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 26 times

Re: kilmore sat 9 of april

Postby twinkle » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:31 pm

good man doesent sound too bad for early april.a nice mixed bag.have to get down myself before the season kicks off. well done on the report. :D
twinkle
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 161 times

Return to Archived Boat Angling Reports