what species should we target in april

Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:39 am

the brother is getting married later this year and for his stag we are going overseas,we are going to book the Maigden Mara for 2 days and stay a night in aran

just wondering what species could we target in April around Galway bay and outside aran,half the lads have never fished before so a few pollack would keep them happy but I would like to target some thing different and bigger if I could
any tips would be welcome

Re: what species should we target in april

Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:02 pm

If you are nice to Kevin he might bring you out to the sound between the islands, you can expect to catch a good few pollack, ling, pouting, wrasse, dogs, even huss and the odd surprise there in April, another option is to try Inver bar for spurdogs, there were plenty about same time last year, just check the boat report section. Bringing your own bait is a good idea too, Mackies would be fairly scarce, sea temperatures are not high enough yet but you might get lucky, who knows?

Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:46 pm

ha gerry.. i dont think you can go wrong that time of year.. ask him to bring you out to the 22meter to 48 meter mark.. good pollack,cod,ling and others..... if you stay on the island there are plenty of conger to be got at the pier, i have seen monster ones there.... pm sent....

Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:16 am

The Austrian wrote:If you are nice to Kevin he might bring you out to the sound between the islands, you can expect to catch a good few pollack, ling, pouting, wrasse, dogs, even huss and the odd surprise there in April, another option is to try Inver bar for spurdogs, there were plenty about same time last year, just check the boat report section. Bringing your own bait is a good idea too, Mackies would be fairly scarce, sea temperatures are not high enough yet but you might get lucky, who knows?
thanks for that,i will promise kevin a few free beers if he brings us to Inver bar,i would love to try for a spurdog

i was thinking the mackerel might be scarce so i will bring squid,sandeel,mackerel and razor with me the rest can use feathers :lol:

i think you might have fished with the brothers last year on a Wednesday,2 local lads and both chefs
lucky wrote:ha gerry.. i dont think you can go wrong that time of year.. ask him to bring you out to the 22meter to 48 meter mark.. good pollack,cod,ling and others..... if you stay on the island there are plenty of conger to be got at the pier, i have seen monster ones there.... pm sent....
thanks alan will ask him to bring us there,don't know if we will have time for the conger unless we can persuade the barmaid to bring the beer to the pier :lol: :lol: