Kilmore 5.2.11

Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:32 pm

Well it just goes to show that the best made plans are totally at the mercy of the elements. Ten of us headed to Kilmore on Saturday morning. Dick Hayes had been booked for weeks but with the weather so bad during the week that option looked very unlikely. I made a call to Walter in Duncannon who said he might get us out fishing in the estuary. He gave me a number for a guy who would provide bait and ten minutes later he headed off into the storm on Friday and rounded up a few dozen crab and some lug. Walter cancelled the Duncannon trip as we were getting into the cars in Dublin. A quick call to Wexford Angling Center and off we went for some fly fishing on the lakes at Lochmahon. Lovely spot and a lifesaver for our trip even though the rain was heavy and the winds were high. We packed it in at about 2pm because it was just too cold, most having caught a fish or three but I blanked. We then spent far to long in a series of pubs resulting in tired looking fishermen getting into their cars on Sunday morning. Hopefully the weather will be better the next time. :o :o Just remembered that I have three packs of mussels in the boot of the car :oops:

Re: Kilmore 5.2.11

Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:19 pm

thats what i call determined .should change your avatar to hurricane steve :lol: but the feeling when you get the dreaded phone call from the skipper its siht :( then the plan b is hatched.