wild swan , northeast of hookhead

Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:20 am

started the day not to early 10 o clock set off from ballyhack headed down river out past the hook ,the view around when heading is enough to make you smile.
got out to a mark the skipper we probally get cod he was right fished there for a while, shifted on to another mark pollack he said and there there were plenty of them and some fine ones the biggest being about six pound weight and the big one that got away was up on eight easy, top of the water looked at us and one big turn snap hook bust and gone.there was a few bent hooks brought back up with missing jelly worms (they seem to be the bisness for the pollock) shifted to another mark, ling, red gurnard, ballen wrasse.
after shifting to our last location and fishing our last few minutes i was getting pestered buy constant knocking which was starting to piss me off, then bang i had what ever was tapping me which i could feel from the weight was not a monster but when i got it into the boat my smille grew,there it the first beautful cuckoo wrasse i ever caught, HAPPY DAYS!!!
that was my whole day sorted there. few mins later we were heading for home,

species on that trip : cod, pollock, pouting, ling, red gurnard, mackerl, ballen wrasse, and a cuckoo wrasse

nice days fishing

just because you catch it dosent mean you should keep. responsable fishing needs to be done all

Re: wild swan , northeast of hookhead

Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:50 am

well done lad looks like a great day hope to be back down there soon

Re: wild swan , northeast of hookhead

Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:26 pm

Sound like a great session,well done!