Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:06 pm

People me Dylan and 7 others:

Duration 10.30-5:

Tide:

Weather stunning:

Bait lug:

Rigs various:

Results ling pollack collie cookoo wrasse gurnard pouting:

Report got a text on thursday to see if I wanted to fill up a few spaces on the boat leaving Culdaff on saturday,and I jumped at the chance and took the nephew Dylan on his first boat trip.
We left about 10.30 and headed out into the bay for some macks but none were to be had so we steamed for a wreck I cant remember the name but it was a half hour steam past inistrahull island
I just stuck a two hook rig on for Dylan as it was his first trip and never used a multi before
it was a bit awkward for Dylan as he is left handed and the reel I had for him was RH :oops:
next thing he was puffing and panting as he was into two fine fish a 5 lb and 4 lb pollock in the one lift
tough going with the wrong reel and your first outing on a boat
Ling were coming over the rail at a steady pace also and some decent sized one's at that
It was quiet enough fishing to be honest for the wreck we got to but it was a glorious day on the water
for the last Hr we headed into the sandy ground in the bay to see if there was any cod about but not one to be had just the odd gurnard.
:

A few pics
Dylan with one of his pollock

Ciaran with a decent 12 lb ling

Re: gemini-Culdaff-16-10-10

Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:00 pm

Nice to see another young lad take to the water Cathal, :lol: its a trip he will always remember

Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:02 pm

Aye great day to be on the water especially for this time of year, a bit of a shame that the pollack didn't come on the feed properly but the ling were good craic and i'm sure there are a few 20lb plus fish about too. I think the neap tides and low water in the middle of the day really put the pollack off the feed and there was very few bait fish about too. Glad Dylan enjoyed the day and hopefully he will be keen on getting a good few more trips out next year.

Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:34 am

Good to see a Junior coming through Cathal!