Union Hall Congers 15/10/10

Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:56 pm

People: Boycie,Sod,Donal,John,Drummer,Tony,Darren,Martain

Duration:9till7

Bait: Pollock, mackerel, Pouting

Rigs: All sorts

Results: Congers,Scad,Herrring,Codling,Ling,Whiting,cuckoo wrasse,Lsd,octopus,Pouting,mackerel,Pollock,Poor cod

Report:
Perfect conditions down in Cork flat calm sun out you wouldnt of thought it was October.Fishing was okay slow at times but everyone was fishing hard and colin trying his best to keep the boat anchored over the wreaks. Plenty of crack with all the lads and flying octopuses , 14 Congers where caught with John landing the best one 30+ eel, Plenty of congers won the battles during the day :twisted: we will be back down again to try again on a better tide :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Union Hall Congers 15/10/10

Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:03 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:56 pm

nice days fishing lads smaller tides can effect the congers but still yea managed to get some decent ones good pics tony look at the state of that kenzaki rod :roll: :roll: :lol:

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:22 pm

Enjoyed the day and the banter, you need thick skin with us lot, pitty the big lads were not about, but the next time we will get a big conger im sure of that.Hats off to Colin he worked hard all day.

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:29 pm

steyrman wrote:nice days fishing lads smaller tides can effect the congers but still yea managed to get some decent ones good pics tony look at the state of that kenzaki rod :roll: :roll: :lol:

Brought the kenzaki and Co to the shower with me last night :lol: its a nice rod to fish with :wink: I didnt take one photo too busy fishing martain and darren took the pics

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:40 pm

great report Tony, super stuff, that's what life is about, living your dream and making friends :) well done to all the lads 8)

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:31 pm

some nice eels there lads well done 8)

Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:58 pm

well done lads
some fine eels there 8)

Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:04 pm

Tony forgot to mention we got coalies too, including a decent one around 5lbs for Donal.

Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:29 pm

A lovely lazy day out with no pressure to win anything 8) 8) and even if there was a prize at the end of the day I’m sure the lads would have added up the score right. :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Having spent years as a conger basher :oops: I held back until the big ones showed 8) alas it never happened. :oops:

Tipped away all day with a second rod on 3 hook “shamrock bulls eye” rig :( in search of that “that’s a cracking fish” but they were also on the missing list.

Slack tides on the day may not have helped.

Ended up with 12 species :D :D mackerel, herring, pollack, coalfish, pouting, poor cod, cod, ling, whiting, cuckoo wrasse, dog, and a conger on the conger rod just to prove I can catch them. :lol: :lol: :arrow: and 3 or 4 octopus

Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:39 pm

[quote="donal domeney"]A lovely lazy day out with no pressure to win anything 8) 8) And no pressure to get out of bed as well :lol: :lol:

Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:50 pm

Tony Fella wrote:
donal domeney wrote:A lovely lazy day out with no pressure to win anything 8) 8) And no pressure to get out of bed as well :lol: :lol:

2 minutes late and you're bitching.

Beware of the flying octopus :oops: :oops:
Nothing worse than an octopussy in the face :lol: :lol:

And not a word of praise after I helping Colin to pull the anchor 11 times :shock: :o

Beware it may be a flying conger the next time :lol: :lol: remember the one I put back while shouting "wife overboard"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:40 am

looks like a great day out lads, is the date correct ? john looks suspiciously young in the phots :) and it looks like donal is holding up somebodys testicle :lol: are ye sure it was just fishing ye were at :P

Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:01 pm

shamieboy wrote:looks like a great day out lads, is the date correct ? john looks suspiciously young in the phots :) and it looks like donal is holding up somebodys testicle :lol: are ye sure it was just fishing ye were at :P

It was fishing but not as you know it :wink: Im pretty sure whatever Donals holding up it doesnt belong to Boycie :shock: