Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:12 am

People:my self davebouy and 4 others

Duration:9.30 till 4.30

Tide:not sure

Weather:force 6 dropping to force4

Bait:fresh macks, squid, sandeel

Rigs:the box

Results:codling to 6lbs pollock,coalfish, ling ,macks ,scad,grey gurnard,

Report:headed down to kilmore on a nice calm day leaving dublin .after checking met eireannat 6.00am light winds with sunshine and highs of 18 to 20 degrees happy days until we got to kilmore. there was a force 6 gale blowing the skipper of the lady alison paul bates was waiting on the boat its going to be choppy lads so we will head to the bay this coupled with strong tides made good sense and first stop straight in to some nice codling and macks coming on board 3 at a time long time since i had a treble of codling all good size 3 to 6 lb we then drifted over a reef that was stuffed with coalfish again 3 and 4 at a time all the lads were whooping as they kept coming for at least a half hour. it went quiet for a while so the skipper moved back again and straight on the codling again with a few good sized ling thrown in for good measure .one of the lads then had a grey gurnard and i got a brace of scad there was no shotage of mackeral either all very small though compared to what we were getting in howth. as always paul bates proved his credentials as a top skipper getting us on the fish as soon as it went quiet moving when he felt it was time for a chage of scenery. its been 2 yrs since i fished kilmore and the day we had on monday just makes me want to get back down again as soon as possible.
ther was no shortage of any thing fish food and great crack with the skipper threatening one of the lads with the plank if he caught him feeding the gulls any more of the macks we had caught. cant give him any better praise than recommend
his boat to anyone thinking of a trip down .the roads down were also brilliant 2 hrs not breaking any speed limits .i also want to thank willie[streyman] for all his help in preping for this trip the sandeel worked a treat. roll on the the next calm window

Re: kilmore quay charter 11th oct

Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:28 pm

great day out well done