Bulloch 29th July

Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:47 pm

Self

[b]11.30 - 16.30

[b]14.30 high

[b]About force 3 nth west .Dry and warm.

[b]Macks and squid

[b]Rigs
:

[b]Macks ,1 smoothie,6 lsd,loads whiting

[b]Launched a few hours before full so as to get a few mack for bait before hitting into the bay for a ray .Had about 18 fine size in 20 mins so a great start .Went to a spot had ray earlier in the year so baited up 3 rods alternating with squid, fresh mack and frozen crab .First drop got a good pull and had a smoothie 3 or 4 lb. That was the best of it unfortunately .Only 6 dogs after that .

Headed back into Dalkey island to haul the macks in again but they had been replaced by whiting .4 and 5 at a time .Only 1 mack to be had .

Headed back in .A woman watching me taking the boat out said how easy I made it look ..'Must be all the practice' I said to her ..

Re: Bulloch 29th July

Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:27 pm

Hi frank,i had a ray just off sorento point drifting into killiney bay last thursday,i'l have to try harder for the hounds only got one this year :?:

Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:26 am

there scarce on this side of the bay now. had none last two trips out[since the banks were ravaged]. have a new mark to try maybe tomorrow.its sad to think last month we were all having great sport on that bank .and now nothing

Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:09 pm

twinkle wrote:there scarce on this side of the bay now. had none last two trips out[since the banks were ravaged]. have a new mark to try maybe tomorrow.its sad to think last month we were all having great sport on that bank .and now nothing

Which banks?????? wish we got the dig out that the financial ones got!!

Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:22 pm

cant see that happening :cry: its the bennett bank cormac recently a great spot for animals .all cleaned out